Anyone Else Bored With Their iPhone?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I got a Nexus 7 to scratch my android itch. And while I love it, I am convinced an Android phone would not cure any boredom that may come. So if you appreciate iOS for what it offers (in my opinion quality and quantity of apps on a device that works wonderfully) stick with iOS, get a hobby and an android tablet.

On this Nexus I can't find some of favorite apps and those that I find are usually terribly done on Android. I have no widgets as they are all ugly in my opinion and Google did Jelly Bean so well I see no reason for further customizations.

Of course your needs might be different, determine what they are and buy the huitable device.

Question: What is their to do on a phone that aliviates boredom from another?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Cure for boredom is called Apps. I was guilty of doing constant customization on my Android and left iOS after my 3G cause I wanted more customization in regards to ringtones of all things haha. But honestly the home screen is just a means to your apps so I don't understand this obsession with customization it's not like I stare at my home screen all day.

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
Cure for boredom is called Apps. I was guilty of doing constant customization on my Android and left iOS after my 3G cause I wanted more customization in regards to ringtones of all things haha. But honestly the home screen is just a means to your apps so I don't understand this obsession with customization it's not like I stare at my home screen all day.

Thank you. Someone finally sees what I see. IOS in my opinion is still light years ahead in terms of apps, again, quality and quantity. At the end of the day that is what is important. In my opinion no amount of customization can make up for that on Android.

P.S. I do love my Nexus 7, its fun to mess around with.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Someone finally sees what I see. IOS in my opinion is still light years ahead in terms of apps, again, quality and quantity. At the end of the day that is what is important. In my opinion no amount of customization can make up for that on Android.

P.S. I do love my Nexus 7, its fun to mess around with.

It was my argument at the time as well and is for most Android users but their argument about the walled garden and lack of customization in iOS is almost a defense of the amount of shortcomings of Android. For example I looked at the new Nexus 7 forums over at AC and there's already bugs and issues with it such as accessories not working and even certain apps that aren't compatible which there has been a sticky since the original.

After fleeing the Android bandwagon and coming back to iOS I won't touch another Android device till battery, apps and the update situation get better.

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Kids get bored with toys my iPhone manages my life so I can't get bored with that

Problem I find is a lot of people don't use there smartphones for what they were designed for in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone 5

Exactly or even realize the potential of the device. If you are bored take the time to play with it or discover the wealth of apps only found on iOS. Problem solved

nicole248

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I've done the same thing over the past few years as well. Been w/iPhone for a while, got Android in between too. I miss BlackBerry:raised-eyebrow:

Donnee

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My only reason for being bored waiting is down to the gravity assisted incident that knackered my 4s 6 months into a 24 month contract. I did look to replace/repair but couldn't afford to at the time so fell back on a blackberry I had in the drawer. Since I got sorted out I was going to look at a 5 but figured might aswell wait for the new one later this year, and picked up an iPad mini in the mean time to tide me over.

As for android, I'm the resident IT geek in our office so I'm constantly getting things thrown at me to sort out (obviously being qualified in computers means you can fix anything with a plug/battery). Everything about android says I should like it, but I just can't get away with it. Whether its because I've only experienced it when it's broke or when I've been forced into it I don't know, but it doesn't do it for me at all. Also the manufacturers obsession with whacking the biggest screen possible into phones does my pan in. The few times I've answered calls on a galaxy note I felt like Dom Jolly (yes i know they make smaller screened models - just making a point). Suppose they're ideal if you don't want to have a tablet aswell, but they're not for me.

So cutting a long story short, yep I am bored of the wait, but its my own stupid fault for bouncing my 4s. The iPad mini is helping tide me over in the mean time, but autumn can't come soon enough!

Bl00dRunzC0ld

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I get bored with iPhones. I've had the 3g, 4, 4s, and 5 with android and windows phones in between. I recently sold my 5, went to the S4, got tired of the lag and overheating, so I swapped with the HTC One. Amazing phone. If Apple decides to release a bigger iPhone, I may consider coming back to one. I don't know though because I love being able to do whatever I want with my phone.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I feel like I'm growing more and more bored with my iPhone. But my brief affairs with android never turn out well. I always come back.

I've had the iPhones 4-5 with android in between.

Anyone feeling the same?

Absolutely not. Bright days ahead... iPhone 5, iPhone 5s and iOS 7...

anon(1458)

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
As days go by, I find myself feeling more and more like I just settled for the iPhone 5 now. I loved it at first. I took the try with the beta of iOS 7. Unless Apple does some MAJOR overhaul on the next one, when my upgrade comes up in a few months, Im jumping ship. Older I get the worse my eyes get and that bigger screen on other devices is looking better and better. Yes, I love the convenience of the Apple ecosystem and the camera and apps rock, but something has gotta give...

julieb9

Jul 31, 2013
Visit site
Jailbreak it. Thats what I did and when that didn't work... I went back to BlackBerry. I stil have my iphone and use it on WiFi every now and then. (Plus its good to have a backup phone)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2