How do you manage your photo library

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Curious as to what others use to manage their photo's via iOS and iTunes.

Do you sync via iTunes making the whole library available on the device as well?

Only use Photo Stream?

Sync with iPhoto and remove images from iPhone? Keeping main library locally on Mac or PC

Over the weekend I moved over 4,000 photos from my Mac to my device. This gave me the option to have everything with me at all times.

But now it seems quite messy.

Since Photo Stream, I can only do most recent 1,000 photos and camera roll is just that. Photo Library do give you want most want, but maybe it's organization that is needed....

So how do you manage all you Photos and image libraries?

Do you take everything with you??

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Pretty much just save to my camera roll. I turned off photo stream. I used it between my iDevices
ever since it was introduced and I just grew tired of managing what I wanted and didn't want on it.
I don't do any syncing of photos at all on my computer. If there's something I really want to save
to make sure I never lose it, I just put it on Dropbox.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
My only use for photoroll is potential backup in case I accidentally erase or lose any pics in my camera roll.

As for managing my pics/vids, I keep everyone that I own on my phone. I have created a main folder on the desktop of my Macbook simply named, Mike's Iphone Pics. Within that folder, I have created roughly 25 folders that I have grouped all of my pics and videos in. When I sync my phone, I sync the photo's portion to this main folder on my desktop and I have it checked to include all of the subfolders. Therefore, all of my pics are neatly stored in individual albums in my photos app, and it mirrors what is on my computer. Whenever I reach a certain point where my camera roll is starting to get a bit cumbersome, I will transfer those pics to My Photos on my Mac and then place them in the appropriate folders in the main album....subsequently deleting them from my camera roll and starting fresh.

This allows me to keep everything equally organized on both my phone, and on my Mac. Plus, I like having everything on my phone for two reasons. 1) I always have them at the click of a button to show to anyone at any time and 2) they are non-replacable to me so if there is every an event like a fire (knock on wood) and I lose my computer, I will still have my pics and vids because my phone inevitably will be with me at the time.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
I only keep the best of the best of my photos on my iPhone Camera Roll.
PhotoStream from there to iPad & MBA.

Every photo I take is synced to Picasa from my iPhone using PhotoSync.
Then I just delete from Camera Roll & PhotoStream all except The Best of the Best.

Good Luck

Eileen89

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I move all the photos that I take on my iPhone over to my iPad Mini and store them there. That way they are backed up in the cloud in case something were to happen to my iPhone or iPad.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods