How do I 'put' files in iPhone 5?

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the newbie question. With the VLC player app available now at App Store, I am buffled to how to put files in my phone. I understand iOS / iTunes does not support MKV files, so how do I put unsupported file format in my iPhone so it plays with VLC?

Do I use iFunBox to do it? If so, which directory should I put the files?

Thanks.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the newbie question. With the VLC player app available now at App Store, I am buffled to how to put files in my phone. I understand iOS / iTunes does not support MKV files, so how do I put unsupported file format in my iPhone so it plays with VLC?

Do I use iFunBox to do it? If so, which directory should I put the files?

Thanks.

You can use a 3rd party cloud service like Dropbox, Box or any of a number of other services. As far as I know, it’s the only way...

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Many apps use the Document Sharing feature in iTunes; not sure about vlc but it's worth a look. Essentially, you'd add them directly to the app when syncing.

gameson

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I prefer not to use online storage like Dropbox, box, etc, as it can only be done via Wifi, and it takes time (reupload video file 1+ GB to server, then download it). I want to load my video files to my iPhone directly as it's one way vs 2 ways. Thanks.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I prefer not to use online storage like Dropbox, box, etc, as it can only be done via Wifi, and it takes time (reupload video file 1+ GB to server, then download it). I want to load my video files to my iPhone directly as it's one way vs 2 ways. Thanks.

I would like to know as well.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I myself would have thought there would be more options but Massie is right in the link he provided to you that I read, It does appear to be the only way and it has a short tutorial to go along with it the link.

Hope this works for you.

vintagetonez

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I myself would have thought there would be more options but Massie is right in the link he provided to you that I read, It does appear to be the only way and it has a short tutorial to go along with it the link.

Hope this works for you.

No, you can drop files directly from iTunes with the phone synced. Drop box is an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711