Bizarre Iphone 5 problem. Desperate for a solution and Apple cannot solve it. Need help!

SillyPutti

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I recently went camping and took tons of pictures. My phone ran completely dead, upon trying to turn it back on the screen turned completely red and froze. I rebooted it and it did the apple logo with writing at the top. I can reboot it but it ends up freezing or rebooting itself somewhere in the process before the lock or home screen. I can get it into recovery mode but my pc or mac doesn't recognize it when it's connected. I think I could factory reset it but that would lose these precious photos forever and I don't want to do this. After 45 minutes on the phone with Apple and hours scouring the internet and trying every option, there is no solution I or they have found. My question is is there any way to remove the "memory card" from the phone and access it any other way or in another iphone just to retrieve this particular photos. It is very important to me. Thanks for any help!

Teja Chillarige

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Technically it is possible. However you would have to know about electronics, be familiar with circuitry and soldering, and have a working knowledge of apple's product designs. and even then, after removing the memory card it would be impossible to put the phone back together. Bottom line is, for you, it is not possible. I'm sorry, but you can basically say good bye to your photos.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
1st, welcome to iMore. 2nd, the iPhone doesn't have a "memory card". Was your iPhone jailbroken? If so, you may be able to access them using iFunbox, or any other program like it. If not they may be gone forever. Sorry

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just a shot in the dark, but did you have photo stream enabled? If so you could log into iCloud on your computer and recover them.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Have you tried plugging it into the wall charger and walking away for 30 minutes? If the battery is completely dead it's worthless to try anything until it has some charge. It can take 10-20 minutes and it will reboot all on its own once the battery has some juice back.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If you have a mac available to you, try opening "Image Capture" and then plug the device in...many times it will be able to pull the stuff off the camera roll (if that is what you are trying to get) without all the checks required by iTunes to "recognize" the device. My nephews iPod was destroyed, but I was able to pull the pics and videos off of it with image capture (where iTunes would not recognize it).

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the issue. Any Apple stores within a reasonable distance? If you can't get anything done on your computer, I would go to them before doing a reset to see if they have any additional "tricks". And for future, utilize photo stream, if not for anything else to avoid situations like this.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
If you have a mac available to you, try opening "Image Capture" and then plug the device in...many times it will be able to pull the stuff off the camera roll (if that is what you are trying to get) without all the checks required by iTunes to "recognize" the device. My nephews iPod was destroyed, but I was able to pull the pics and videos off of it with image capture (where iTunes would not recognize it).

I have had to do this a few times with clients devices and it worked better then iPhoto or iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I have had to do this a few times with clients devices and it worked better then iPhoto or iTunes.
That is exactly how I transfer the few photos I take with my iPhone to my MacBook other than uploading them to to cloud storage. It's simple, fast and effective.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73