Should I Set Up My iPhone 5 Replacement As New or Restore From Backup?

ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
hey guy's just got this 5 on Sunday and already had to get it replace.
it was getting hot, ringtone sound was low could barely hear it, noise cancelling mic didn't seen to be working either
(but I suspect it was just the wife telling to turn done the radio :) )
the question should i reinstall a back up and if so how can i choose which one I want to install. or just install as a new phone re load apps. one at a time.
do this phone get hot has anyone had that to happen, low volume.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you made a backup on iCloud or on iTunes, just go ahead an re-install it.
If you have either, iCloud or iTunes will show you when that latest backup
was.

My phone will heat up on occasion. If it get really hot it's because it's in an
already hot environment. Low volume haven't really experienced. Of course
you want to make sure your ringer and alert volumes are set to where you
want them at.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I need to get a replacement tomorrow after about 7 months. Having the issue where my sleep/wake button is starting to fail. It's only working (though you hear it click) on one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I need to get a replacement tomorrow after about 7 months. Having the issue where my sleep/wake button is starting to fail. It's only working (though you hear it click) on one side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Pretty common issue...I also had to do the same.

As far as the OP's heat issue...unless you're really pushing the processor, you should not have a heat "issue".

i507

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
My phone tends to get hot but only when in use and while I have it charging at the same time. When does your phone get hot? Is it while in use?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
its not showing the latest backup at from yesterday
You lost me there for a second...lol....In the future, use the "Reply With Quote" option so we can know who or what you're specifically replying to...:). In regard to see your last iTunes backup, see the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 8.43.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-18 at 8.43.24 PM.png
    478 KB · Views: 38

ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
You lost me there for a second...lol....In the future, use the "Reply With Quote" option so we can know who or what you're specifically replying to...:). In regard to see your last iTunes backup, see the attached screenshot.

I found one with a date of 7-4 I think I'm going to use that one. i'ts just I made a few new contacts as early as yesterday and it didn't give me an option to install that one bum

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I found one with a date of 7-4 I think I'm going to use that one. i'ts just I made a few new contacts as early as yesterday and it didn't give me an option to install that one bum
I understand. Do you sync with iCloud? If so, log on to the iCloud website, select the Contacts app and verify that the new contacts are present. Also, verify your calendar and reminder information. If all is well, delete iCloud from your i-device and then reconfigure it for iCloud. The data you verified should sync back to your device.

ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
I understand. Do you sync with iCloud? If so, log on to the iCloud website, select the Contacts app and verify that the new contacts are present. Also, verify your calendar and reminder information. If all is well, delete iCloud from your i-device and then reconfigure it for iCloud. The data you verified should sync back to your device.
icloud showed a back up yesterday at 941 I'm going to try and get that one. I need to use one source for contacts calender and others things and stop using gmail I just look at some thing are duplicate :( can that be straightening out

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
icloud showed a back up yesterday at 941 I'm going to try and get that one. I need to use one source for contacts calender and others things and stop using gmail I just look at some thing are duplicate :( can that be straightening out
If your contacts are synced to iCloud, simply turn off Contacts for Gmail in the Settings menu or when you select the Contacts app on your device, select "Groups" in the upper left corner and then uncheck the ones for Google/Gmail.

ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
If your contacts are synced to iCloud, simply turn off Contacts for Gmail in the Settings menu or when you select the Contacts app on your device, select "Groups" in the upper left corner and then uncheck the ones for Google/Gmail.
okay gmail is unchecked with all this deleting and adding I feel like doing a factory reset and starting all over icloud showed it was syncing with outlook?

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
okay gmail is unchecked with all this deleting and adding I feel like doing a factory reset and starting all over icloud showed it was syncing with outlook?

I hear you, but hey, if you're getting it all squared away, that's the main thing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711