Alarm clock with date setting ability

ddsmak

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
You can't. It's by week days and time. But I think you can set Reminders to the same alarm sound.

That's what I thought...the default clock app is only 24 hours and repeat by week days. So this doesn't work for me.

Reminders doesn't work either, because the Reminders app only gives out a short chime, or ding or whatever sound you set to, and it only lasts for a second. I want the alarm sound to be continuous, like an alarm clock, until I terminate it or snooze.

I've been saying this from my first post, Reminders or typical alarm clock is not working the way I would like, neither will the Calendar.

I realized there is no such app out there for iPhone at the moment, but I am still hoping.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
That's what I thought...the default clock app is only 24 hours and repeat by week days. So this doesn't work for me.

Reminders doesn't work either, because the Reminders app only gives out a short chime, or ding or whatever sound you set to, and it only lasts for a second. I want the alarm sound to be continuous, like an alarm clock, until I terminate it or snooze.

I've been saying this from my first post, Reminders or typical alarm clock is not working the way I would like, neither will the Calendar.

I realized there is no such app out there for iPhone at the moment, but I am still hoping.

What's wrong with the short alert sound with a pop up alert that won't go away without your action?

ddsmak

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
What's wrong with the short alert sound with a pop up alert that won't go away without your action?

By the time I realized I had a reminder, I already missed my appointment. So I need something to keep on ringing.
Anyway, I'm not going to go into details to justify my needs/wants from an app to you.
Obviously, there isn't such an app in the Apple App Store. Yet! Crossing my fingers.

ddsmak

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
This pop up. It stays on the screen until you dismiss it.
View attachment 82671

Not unless your screen is asleep. My iPhone screen is set to 1 min. to go blank.
When the notification comes on when the screen is asleep, the notification will only stay there for a few seconds, then the screen is blank again.

So when the notification came on while I was not at my desk, by the time I got back, all I see is a blank screen.

ddsmak

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
That's right, the pop up notification stays on until you dismiss it, as long as your phone's screen is on.
Mine is set to go blank in 1 min. So when the notification comes on while the screen is blank, it will only stay on for several seconds, then the screen goes back to blank.

Let say the notification came on while I was away from my desk to help one of my staff, by the time I came back 5 min. later, the screen was blank, just like before I walked away.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyway, I'm not going to go into details to justify my needs/wants from an app to you.
I never asked for justification or your needs. I'm just throwing out possibilities that may help. How about this: Use Reminders to remind you early in the morning or your desired time, to set the alarm in the clock app. You can have it remind you the night before and the morning of to set the alarm. So then you set the alarm and it goes off with a continuous loud sound when you want it to. If it's a repeat event, you repeat the process each time. Frankly, I've neither had issues being reminded of an event using the Reminders app nor with the Calendar. I use the Calendar more than the Reminders app. I've never been late to anything and my garbage always gets taken out. I use both Reminders and the clock alarm for my weekly garbage detail.

ddsmak

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
I never asked for justification or your needs. I'm just throwing out possibilities that may help. How about this: Use Reminders to remind you early in the morning or your desired time, to set the alarm in the clock app. You can have it remind you the night before and the morning of to set the alarm. So then you set the alarm and it goes off with a continuous loud sound when you want it to. If it's a repeat event, you repeat the process each time. Frankly, I've neither had issues being reminded of an event using the Reminders app nor with the Calendar. I use the Calendar more than the Reminders app. I've never been late to anything and my garbage always gets taken out. I use both Reminders and the clock alarm for my weekly garbage detail.

My apology for the strong words.

My first post mentioned that Alarm/Reminders/Calendar didn't do what I need. But everyone keeps on suggested to try different setting in these apps.

My problem is that I made appointments up to 6 months ahead, this is one of the reason why I need an app that set by date.

Your work around in this post is a good idea. If there is no such app, then work around is the solution. I already have been using a work around solution, but not as detail or as good as your.

ddsmak

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Here's one with a "Nag Me" feature.
View attachment 82680

Alarmed ~ Reminders + Timers by Yoctoville
https://appsto.re/us/aROkw.i

Thanks so much.

This is exactly what I need! I have been testing it while I wrote the last two messages. And the reminder kept on coming back. And it lets me set by date. This is super.

You must have spent some time in finding this app, and I appreciated your time and effort in helping me out. I hope the person who started this thread see your find.

JulieV88

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I too having a tough time to find an alarm clock app that let me set by date, menaing over 24 hours.
iPhone's own Calendar or Reminders didn't work for me, because the notification was only a chime. I need it to be like an alarm that continue to ring until I snooze it.

Whoever said "There's an app for it" is totally wrong. ;)

I am having the same problem. I need to be able to set a future alarm that continues to go off until I realize it's there. I charge my Apple Watch at night so I have to rely on my phone to have alarms to get me up in case it is before my regular alarm or something. I like my watch bc I can feel the alerts in case I don't hear them. I want to be able to be alerted two hours before the actual appointment so I have time to get up and get ready. Thanks!

JulieV88

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
By the time I realized I had a reminder, I already missed my appointment. So I need something to keep on ringing.
Obviously, there isn't such an app in the Apple App Store. Yet! Crossing my fingers.

The app Alarmed lets you set any date, any time and you can choose to have it continue to go off until you physically make it stop. You can choose every minute or every hour. It also has snooze you can adjust, and all of the things the iPhone alarm has and more.

JulieV88

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem. I need to be able to set a future alarm that continues to go off until I realize it's there. I charge my Apple Watch at night so I have to rely on my phone to have alarms to get me up in case it is before my regular alarm or something. I like my watch bc I can feel the alerts in case I don't hear them. I want to be able to be alerted two hours before the actual appointment so I have time to get up and get ready. Thanks!

Download Alarmed. I just did and set an alarm two weeks from now that will go off every minute until I stop it. :)

ddsmak

Jun 6, 2015
Visit site
Download Alarmed. I just did and set an alarm two weeks from now that will go off every minute until I stop it. :)

Yeah, Alarmed is great. Thanks to Ledsteplin pointed out to us.
I bought the In-app purchase, it is even cooler. It has a function called Day Reminder, it repeats on whatever minutes or hours you want, for a set period of time, and you don't need intervention. For example, I want a reminder every 45 min. for the next 7 hours.

dhuit123

Oct 7, 2016
Visit site

I totally agree! We don't need to justify our needs here, we just need advice on what app will meet the needs that we have stated. All I want is to be able to set an alarm for a date in the future, as soon as there is an app that can do that I would love to know about it. Thank you! :)

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I totally agree! We don't need to justify our needs here, we just need advice on what app will meet the needs that we have stated. All I want is to be able to set an alarm for a date in the future, as soon as there is an app that can do that I would love to know about it. Thank you! :)

The calendar app does that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh