WiFi Signal Performance on iPhone 5

k1fox

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Hey iPhone 5 users. How's the wifi range and signal performance on the iphone 5? I did hear that iPhone 5 initially had some wifi problems? Were they resolved?

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Wifi on iPhone 5

Hey iPhone 5 users. How's the wifi range and signal performance on the iphone 5? I did hear that iPhone 5 initially had some wifi problems? Were they resolved?

I did initially have problems connecting to different networks. I would connect at work and when I got home it would not connect to my home network w/o a soft reset. It was fixed with one of the software updates.
This was not an issue with my 4S.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

There were some widely reported WiFi connection issues initially when the iP5 first came out, but now...almost a year after release, I have no connection issues what so ever (on both 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz networks), and I have not read of any recent issues that should be classified as "problems".

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I've never had Wi-Fi connection problems with my iPhone 5, and like SeanHRCC, I connect via 2.4 & 5 GHz.

k1fox

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site

Thanks guys. Good to hear all is well. Never had an iPhone but will consider it for the future.