I Dislike The Weight of the iPhone 5. Should I Get the 4S?

ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
okay guy's got the 5 not really liking the weight its lite. what can this do that the 4s didn't or couldn't. I'm hoping to get a case on it so it will feel a little better.
whats good? I want to try and keep the feel of the phone. no bulky with a holster in my business I'm up and down all day,in and out of a truck as well.
I'm thinking I should have gotten the 4s. I cant pay another restock chrg.so its pretty much like the 4s?

ep1

Aug 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: iphone 5

so no different the 4s in terms of how its use and what I already learned using the 4s?
and a good case

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

so no different the 4s in terms of how its use and what I already learned using the 4s?

The 5 has some expanded features over the 4S. The big one is 4G LTE Internet. Speeds will be up to 15 times faster on the 5 than the 4S. The 5 also has the larger screen, better cameras, and better audio capabilities. The 5 also has some software features that aren't possible on the 4S. If you already have the 5, I would recommend staying with it. The 4S will be obsolete when the new iPhone comes out this fall.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

okay guy's got the 5 not really liking the weight its lite. what can this do that the 4s didn't or couldn't. I'm hoping to get a case on it so it will feel a little better.
whats good? I want to try and keep the feel of the phone. no bulky with a holster in my business I'm up and down all day,in and out of a truck as well.
I'm thinking I should have gotten the 4s. I cant pay another restock chrg.so its pretty much like the 4s?

Also, I would check out the OtterBox Commuter Case. It'll add some weight but keep the phone slim.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Faster (processor and LTE), lighter, thinner, larger screen, better camera, better battery life, better handsfree headset included.

...I'm sure I'm missing a few things.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I was one of the people who was initially uncomfortable with the weight of the iPhone 5. Compared to the 4S, it felt fragile, even though it was not. I was merely used to the weight of the 4S. Sean and others can tell you that I was adamant about skipping the iPhone 5 because I was so content with the 4S, but when I did finally purchase it, I was angry at myself for not getting it sooner. The speed alone is worth it and I'm not talking about Internet browsing speed via LTE. As for its weight, I'm now used to it, and now when I handle my wife's or daughter's 4S, it feels like a brick. Anyway, if you're going to buy an iPhone now, and money isn't an issue, i recommend you go with the iPhone 5.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Also thought it was lighter to, but the 5 is really a better phone. And there are a lot of cases out there that will make it heavier, but I think it just takes away from how sleak the phone is.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Since you already have the iPhone 5, I would stick with it. The big difference is the faster processor and the larger screen. Get a good solid case and you should be good to go. As for the 4S, I don't think it will be obsolete with the iOS 7. I love mine.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site

The iPhone 5 spec wise is considerably the same as a 4S minus the design.
The 5 is a good phone, but it is the first of it's kind with LTE. Always buy the second generation model.

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

The iPhone 5 spec wise is considerably the same as a 4S minus the design.
The 5 is a good phone, but it is the first of it's kind with LTE. Always buy the second generation model.

The 5 is not the same on specs as the 4S. The 5 has a faster processor, better cameras, better audio equipment, and a better and larger screen.

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

As mentioned previously, the 5 will get ALL the iOS 7 goodies, whereas the 4S will miss out on Airdrop. Also the 5 will get updates longer than the 4S, not to mention that it's just plain faster and more 'futureproof'. The 5 will be a better long-term investment than the 4S for the above reasons.

SaberSerene

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site

I had the 5 for a month. The processor is a bit faster, the camera was ok, the audio was decent. The 5 and 4S have the same camera, both are a dual core. The 5 should of had better specs. This is why I picked up a 4S and returned the 5. Literally not much has changed.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site

As mentioned previously, the 5 will get ALL the iOS 7 goodies, whereas the 4S will miss out on Airdrop. Also the 5 will get updates longer than the 4S, not to mention that it's just plain faster and more 'futureproof'. The 5 will be a better long-term investment than the 4S for the above reasons.

Not quite.
iOS 7 will have at least one iPhone 5s exclusive.
iPhone 5 will get more iOS 7 features than the 4S though.

bgesullo

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
For me I love the size of the iPhone 5 over the 4s and 4. The thinness of the phone makes user experience much better and the extra screen space helps make it easier when viewing documents and pictures.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Not quite.
iOS 7 will have at least one iPhone 5s exclusive.
iPhone 5 will get more iOS 7 features than the 4S though.

Whether the next iPhone is a 5S or 6, I really wonder what would be the
iOS7 exclusive feature tied to the device. All Apple came up with for iOS6
and the iPhone 5 was the ability to take still pics during recording.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I had the 5 for a month. The processor is a bit faster, the camera was ok, the audio was decent. The 5 and 4S have the same camera, both are a dual core. The 5 should of had better specs. This is why I picked up a 4S and returned the 5. Literally not much has changed.

For a in-depth comparison, visit the iPhone Wiki Page. Take care...:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234