Trying to restore to 6.1.4

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
i restored my factory unlocked iphone 5 to ios 6.1.4... now while activating iphone it says activation server error. i tried hard reboot, putting it on DFU mode and restoring it again nothing works.
please helpppppppppppppppppppppp..

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Just out of curiosity...was it loaded with iOS 7 before you restored it?

If not, it's very possible that Apple's network is just having an issue...trying it again later may help you complete the restore.

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
no i loaded it with ios 7 a few times before widout the developers account. and restored it back on ios 6.1.4, activation was fine then. now i restored on ios 6.1.4 so i cud jump and test ios 7 beta 3.... restores successfully but stuck on the activation screen. tried like 20 times :(

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
i got dat da developers are only given access for a reason. but i was on ios 6.1.4 and i tried to restore on the same ios 6.1.4... its been like 12 hours and im still gettin this message.
"Could Not Activate iPhone
Your iphone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes.
If this problem persists, contact Apple.
Support at apple.com/support."

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
it says this to be exact..
Your iphone could not be activated because the activation server cannot be reached. Try connecting your iPhone to iTunes to activate it, or try again in a couple of minutes.

Severus111

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. It got activated. On like the 100th try, 5th restore, 20th restart after like 30 hours!
I guess the apple servers were overloaded at the time or something.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
i got dat da developers are only given access for a reason. but i was on ios 6.1.4 and i tried to restore on the same ios 6.1.4... its been like 12 hours and im still gettin this message.

Since the problem is persisting, I’d suggest contacting Apple. Or your wireless carrier. My money's on Apple.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711