How does the white iPhone hold up if you don't use a case?

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have the iPhone 5 in white with 64gb of storage. I bought the white for that reason, very glad I did. My phone is flawless, use screen protector all the time, must say I do take very good care of it. The white version IMO is the best for not showing wear and tear. Love it. Good Luck, Vinny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
Mine has been in a case since day one. I'm in the "way too clumsy" club. My Lupus gives me very dry hands and if I use it naked I can't hold on to it. I went naked once (ONCE) with my 4 and dropped it and chipped the glass. Sadly I deciced I can't be trusted without a case. I would love to use it without a case because it's thin and light. I have the Speck candy shell grip. It's small enough to keep the lightweight feel. I also have a Griffin Survivor case but only use that when I know it's going to be rainy or I know it could get bumped around (like the fair or Disney). I tried an Otter Box but it rattled in the case so I was worried it would scratch it up like it did for my daughters iPhone 4.

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm using my summery Speck Fabshell Megaplaid spectrum case for now but as soon as fall hits, naked baby.

Shhhh qbknlt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2

Dopekidnate

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I have never put a case on my White iPhone 5 and I got it when they first came out. Mine looks like it did the day it came out of the box. Perfectly fine. Same with my old iPhone 4S

Avenged110

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't use a case on mine unless I need a Mophie for a particular occasion. Got it on launch day and dropped it numerous times on a variety of dangerous surfaces including concrete, gravel, dirt, etc. Although it is both scuffed and scratched, it doesn't really show either unless you're looking. It's not nearly as bad as a slightly scuffed or scratched black iPhone 5. That's one reason I love the white, it hides all of the wear. The only noticeable issue is the plastic rim around the front glass can get dirty when it gets dinged which can be mildly distracting. It's definitely worth going caseless however, the phone is beautiful.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Threads like this torture me because there is such a large part of me that wants to go case-less. I do worry about dropping it, but also about times where i just toss it on the counter, desk, etc. I worry about the back or sides scratching. Partly because, I always sell my year old device to put toward purchasing the newest release. Wish I could get past it lol. It's such a sleek and sexy device!

pmcglynn72

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Rule of thumb for me is I pop a case on when I go out but at home I go ceaseless. I've dropped and cracked too many devices on the sidewalk without a case. Even with the insurance this is like 150 to replace.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to order a case this week from Amazon,I scared I'm going to drop it.

this is a perfect example of someone who needs a case on their phone. if you "think" you're going to drop it, then you most likely will

as each day passes with my naked White iP5 the more i feel compelled to Not cover up this thing of beauty!

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
this is a perfect example of someone who needs a case on their phone. if you "think" you're going to drop it, then you most likely will

as each day passes with my naked White iP5 the more i feel compelled to Not cover up this thing of beauty!

When I was running caseless I never dropped it.

Put the speck on and dropped it within the hour.

Shhhh qbknelt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
When I was running caseless I never dropped it.

Put the speck on and dropped it within the hour.

Shhhh qbknelt and I are secretly the same person, both using Tapatalk 2

Hahaha is it just a coincidence that you've spelled Q's name wrong twice now?

StayClassy101

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I just got an iPhone 5 today and they said I have 14 days if I didn't like color I could trade it in, but then again I got it for tmobile, idk if that is carrier specific.
Btw, this thread actually made me feel better for not buying a case. Lol

Eric Ton

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
I have googled for the last few days looking for pictures or articles/posts about how the white 5 looks after several months caseless. I really, really want to go caseless with the phone, I don't generally drop my phones , and I know the white doesn't show damage like the black, but all the postings I can find about wear and tear seem to only be about the black phones. I found one in regards to the white and dude had dropped it so it had more than just wear and tear.

Does anyone have a white 5 that has been naked for the last few months and has been handled somewhat carefully that can give me an idea of discolouration, finish, how it's holding up?

I googled and binged and I gave up finding something I'd hoped was helpful and have it turn out to be about the black one. I don't care about the black one. It's why I didn't get the black one. Heh.

Here you go: got it on the first day and naked since then. Dropped a few times on cement. A few small dents on the edge.
33xf.jpg
6mnm.jpg
0nx8.jpg

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 87

MRSBROWN2006

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Why not just get Zagg to cover it? This is what I'm contemplating for my next iPhone. I usually put my iPhones in cases from day one either Lifeproof or Otterbox. So when I get the new one the old one looks like I just took it out of the box. The problem is that means nothing by then, I always skip a model before getting a new one, because the resale value is what it is. No one is going to give me more money just because it is almost brand new. At over a year there's no warranty so I'm like what is the point of buy a $100 case. The next one I'm going to cover it in Zagg and get Applecare.

Plus one on the Zagg. I have a white 4s and a white 5. My 5 went into a Zagg on the date of purchase, and I never have an issue when I decide to go caseless for the day or week. Definitely worth the money that was spent on it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro