POLL: Would You Be Interested In A Water-Resistant iPhone?

Would You Be Interested In A Water-Resistant iPhone?

• Definitely Yes

Votes: 21 60.0%
  • Possibly

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • No

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Water resistant is good if it had it I'd love it. However before getting to that point what I would love to see Apple do is have an iPhone as beautiful as the iPhone 5 but with a finish that is rugged. So I don't have to buy a case I just slap a screen protector and use it without fear or scratching, gouging, etc. Then worry about the water resistant business I want to use my iPhone without a case which I know many people already do.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand how you drop them in the toilet. Seriously.

My first post on this website was an epic story of a toilet drop (and rice bag rescue)...before it happened to me, I would have completely agreed with you...How the hell does one drop their phone in the toilet? That is, until it happened to me as I was talking to my dad, I can't remember exactly what it was now, I was reaching for something and I just lost my grip on it and into the water it went. It never happened before then, and it has never happened since...but I can't deny, It was just a simple accident (that scared the crap out of me because I had not had the damn thing very long).

*Edit for Nostalgia - http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4/197712-iphone-4-epic-water-adventure.html

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So I got a Lifeproof Nuud case today! I'm lovin' it! I can finally be waterproof and have my retina display as well. Words can't express the joy I feel! Waterproof is a big deal for me (having dropped two phones in the toilet) so I've been all over lifeproof since I've had iPhones. Always was unhappy with that cheesy plastic screen cover. But today, today is a new day! I'm having my cake and I'm eating it! Woohoo!!!! Yayyyy meeee!!!

Am I the only who thinks this is a modern miracle?

I can't wait to get one. I am holding out a little hoping that Verizon carries them since I get a discount.

count123

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I can't wait to get one. I am holding out a little hoping that Verizon carries them since I get a discount.

U gone love it! Got a break on mine. Went to Best Buy to exchange my dre beats due to of all things water damage. Turns out they had no more on the shelf so I got the LG Tones and the case. Only paid $20 difference. Yesterday was a good day!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
U gone love it! Got a break on mine. Went to Best Buy to exchange my dre beats due to of all things water damage. Turns out they had no more on the shelf so I got the LG Tones and the case. Only paid $20 difference. Yesterday was a good day!

I'm jealous. I am gonna try to wait. I have the blue fre and paid $80 for it like 4 months ago. Maybe I'll try to sell it.

SmartFah

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1373676426.364223.jpg

I'm all for a water-resistant/waterproof iPhone, but it must be done right! It must offer the waterproof protection of a lifeproof case, with the same aesthetics that we enjoy with our current iPhones. I'm sure if & when Apple decides to add that as a feature to the iPhone, this will be the scenario. Let's hope it's sooner, rather than later.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My first post on this website was an epic story of a toilet drop (and rice bag rescue)...before it happened to me, I would have completely agreed with you...How the hell does one drop their phone in the toilet? That is, until it happened to me as I was talking to my dad, I can't remember exactly what it was now, I was reaching for something and I just lost my grip on it and into the water it went. It never happened before then, and it has never happened since...but I can't deny, It was just a simple accident (that scared the crap out of me because I had not had the damn thing very long).

*Edit for Nostalgia - http://forums.imore.com/iphone-4/197712-iphone-4-epic-water-adventure.html

Holy crap I'll read that novel tonight as part of my late night reading 😝

Sent from Jack Bauer's PDA.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711