Difference between contacts and phone app

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
What, if any, is the advantage of using the contacts app, when all the info is also in the phone app? I know you can use the contacts app on landscape made, but is there any other reason to use it rather than the phone app for contacts? Just wondering as it seems repetitive. Maybe I am missing something, I'm not sure.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks.
I posted in the apps forum because I wasn't sure which would be the proper forum for this kind of question, and which would get more responses.
Anyway, that's is what I thought, but maybe I was missing something. I have just kept the contacts app in a folder for the last 2 years, and I guess I will continue doing so. Thanks again.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I don't really see why it seems surprising. The phone just allows you to access the contacts app from within itself. From every Android phone I've used, it also has a contact app and you can also access from within the phone app. It's just more of a convenience of when you're in the phone app. But some people actually go into their contact lists directly from the that app rather than going to the phone. I get the repetitiveness, but it's more for convenience then anything because it would be silly to not be able to access contacts from the phone and to not have a contacts app when everyone may not use the phone a lot nor have a phone app, i.e. iPad and iPod.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox