iPhone 6 Rumors: Photos Of Plastic Budget iPhone Allegedly Leak

jianglu2013

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
With the release of its iOS 7 slowly approaching, Apple Inc. (NASDAQ:AAPL) appears poised to launch another smartphone. According to most insider sources, however, Apple won?t be releasing just one new phone this fall: The company is expected to launch a new, plastic iPhone for consumers on a budget, as well as the anticipated iPhone 5s. Although no official name has been announced, the Apple iPhone 6 Rumors: Photos Of Plastic Budget iPhone Allegedly Leak

expected budget iPhone has been dubbed the iPhone 6 by some Apple fans. And, thanks to the Techdy Blog, we may (or may not) have a pretty good idea of what the budget iPhone will look like.

On Friday, Techdy posted it had somehow acquired the body of Apple?s budget iPhone. The blog post encompassed more than 40 photographs of the rumored budget iPhone body from various angles, showing a new hard plastic case with a design reminiscent of both the current-generation iPhone 5 and -- surprisingly -- the original iPod.

Despite the rumored low cost of this iPhone, one thing seems clear from Techdy?s description: It doesn?t feel cheap at all.

iphoneUsing all of these high-end electronic components, a lot of electronic components of web sites offer this kind of high-end technology, for example hqew.net.

Regardless of the iPhone 6?s components, it?s probable that Apple will officially unveil the budget iPhone sometime in September. The International Business Times? own Dave Smith estimates that the company will reveal the iPhone 6 alongside the iPhone 5s at a single event in early September, although the devices probably will not go on sale at the same time to avoid huge lines at retail outlets. In one scenario, the release of iOS 7 on Sept. 18 would be followed by the release of the iPhone 5s on Sept. 20 and the release of the iPhone 6 on Sept. 27.QQ??20130708093009.jpg

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Budget friendly iPhone will be the 4S for free once new iPhone is released. No need to make a new "budget friendly" version. Doesn't make business sense

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Budget friendly iPhone will be the 4S for free once new iPhone is released. No need to make a new "budget friendly" version. Doesn't make business sense

This is my logic on these "cheap iPhone" rumors as well...why? The 4S is still quite relevant, would essentially be the makings of a "cheap" iPhone, and will still run iOS 7 just fine (albeit a bit watered down...as one would expect from a "lower" end model).

Why make a brand new device with a different screen size? My only other thought is that there truly IS a bigger screened iPhone coming this fall, and to refrain from losing money on 4" screens...a cheaper model using the iPhone 5 screen (and possibly older components) would be in place as well, and the 4S would be eliminated.

I seriously doubt that is going to happen though.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
This is my logic on these "cheap iPhone" rumors as well...why? The 4S is still quite relevant, would essentially be the makings of a "cheap" iPhone, and will still run iOS 7 just fine (albeit a bit watered down...as one would expect from a "lower" end model).

Why make a brand new device with a different screen size? My only other thought is that there truly IS a bigger screened iPhone coming this fall, and to refrain from losing money on 4" screens...a cheaper model using the iPhone 5 screen (and possibly older components) would be in place as well, and the 4S would be eliminated.

That's been Apple's M.O. for the last few years, don't see the changing t any time soon

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
But isn't the point of the budget iphone to make it a more affordable non-contract option? I wasn't under the assumption that they were targeting a device like this in order to compete with a more affordable contract-pricing device since, as you all point out, that already exists. And as far as I know, you cannot go out and buy, say, an iphone 4 off contract any longer. I could be wrong and lord knows it wouldn't be the first time.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
But isn't the point of the budget iphone to make it a more affordable non-contract option? I wasn't under the assumption that they were targeting a device like this in order to compete with a more affordable contract-pricing device since, as you all point out, that already exists. And as far as I know, you cannot go out and buy, say, an iphone 4 off contract any longer. I could be wrong and lord knows it wouldn't be the first time.

A lot of what I am reading about it seems to be of the opinion that the "lower cost" phones are, in fact, for non-contract purchase... but the focus seems to be non-USA. The issue seems to be that most of the rest of the world (especially the "emerging" countries) don't offer subsidized phone purchases... meaning that if you want cell service, you buy your phone outright and get a service agreement. These "budget iPhones" seem to be directed primarily at those markets. Of course, these phones have not yet been announced, so it could all change at any moment.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
The iPhone 6 will be a premium device, not plastic.

As for the fabled budget iPhone. It may exist. Everyone should remember that the current "budget" iPhone 4 is still $450 off contract which is hardly cheap. A budget iPhone must be far less than that to truly be for the lower cost market.

But we shall see. Apple isn't in it for the market share. They are in it for the profit. Right now they seem to be raking in plenty of iPhone profit.

Justin55372011

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site

That is one opinion and one way of thought.

Last edited:

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
A lot of what I am reading about it seems to be of the opinion that the "lower cost" phones are, in fact, for non-contract purchase... but the focus seems to be non-USA. The issue seems to be that most of the rest of the world (especially the "emerging" countries) don't offer subsidized phone purchases... meaning that if you want cell service, you buy your phone outright and get a service agreement. These "budget iPhones" seem to be directed primarily at those markets. Of course, these phones have not yet been announced, so it could all change at any moment.

Very good point, Apple is doing pretty well in developed countries, but it is generally harder for people in emerging countries to buy iphones, you could say an iphone 4S is the way to go but that would only give you a year or two of software support, even 9 months after launched the iphone 5 is extremely expensive in countries like Argentina and Uruguay and is generally out of reach for the majority of the population, a cheap iphone would make total sense and it would increase market share and content for Apple.
An unlocked iphone 5 16gb sells in south america for about 800 dollars and networks pricing and subsidies are a joke, the minimum wage in south america is about 350 - 450 a month so do the math.
A budget iphone wouldn't make sense here in the US, but it would in a bunch of other countries.

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Very good point, Apple is doing pretty well in developed countries, but it is generally harder for people in emerging countries to buy iphones, you could say an iphone 4S is the way to go but that would only give you a year or two of software support, even 9 months after launched the iphone 5 is extremely expensive in countries like Argentina and Uruguay and is generally out of reach for the majority of the population, a cheap iphone would make total sense and it would increase market share and content for Apple.
An unlocked iphone 5 16gb sells in south america for about 800 dollars and networks pricing and subsidies are a joke, the minimum wage in south america is about 350 - 450 a month so do the math.
A budget iphone wouldn't make sense here in the US, but it would in a bunch of other countries.

Agreed. Apple needs an emerging market strategy to compete with Android. I recommend Apple make this move strictly outside the US to protect its domestic margins, but it needs to stimulate growth outside the US. Part of this strategy may well include older, refurbished models, but a newer, less expensive model would be a good play.

Aguaski

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I agree the 4 and 4S seem to be the ideal budget iPhone, but I think Apple wants to build a new plastic budget phone so that they can continue deployment of the lightening connector and fully retire the 30 pin connector. The only way to do this in the budget category is to stop offering the 4/4S and replacing with the rumored plastic phone.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Agreed. Apple needs an emerging market strategy to compete with Android. I recommend Apple make this move strictly outside the US to protect its domestic margins, but it needs to stimulate growth outside the US. Part of this strategy may well include older, refurbished models, but a newer, less expensive model would be a good play.

Why do they need a new strategy to "compete" with Android? When Apple is released in a new market, it dominates...and it does it every single time a new market is reached. I'd say their strategy is working pretty well as it is honestly. Android sells a plethora of EXTREMELY cheap phones (which are also very cheaply made and are pretty much junk), imagine someone who had the choice between one of those junk phones or an iPhone 4S at a cheap rate...even if the phone is two generations old, it's still going to reign supreme at that pricing point, especially since it will still be able to use iOS 7 efficiently (albeit a bit watered down).

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox