kbd Crash Killing Battery?

Avenged110

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 5 battery was draining recently (which it never does) and this is with most everything (Bluetooth, Push, etc.) off. I checked the Diagnostics and Usage logs and saw hundreds of crash reports for a process called "kbd" from "kbd.app." I've never seen these before and now there aren't even usage logs, it's just filled with these. I guess this could be at least partially the cause and I have hard reset etc. and they keep appearing every so often. I would like to avoid restoring if at all possible because that just sucks and takes forever. Does anyone know what this process is or how to potentially fix it?

Attachments

• photo 2.PNG
    photo 2.PNG
    155.6 KB · Views: 40
  • photo 1.PNG
    photo 1.PNG
    94.4 KB · Views: 39

Avenged110

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Yup, been there. I spent quite a while researching this. I've cleared out documents and data from the "Mobile Docs" folder in Finder and even have Documents & Data disabled on my phone right now. It's still generating hundeds of these everyday on Wi-Fi and Cellular. I thought it might be related to corrupt data in iCloud as I also can't create shortcuts on my phone but nothing seems to help.

Avenged110

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
Done it. Tried restoring from iCloud too per Apple support. I've come to the conclusion that I'm either going to get miserable battery life or I'm gonna have to ditch my backup and just lose my app data and SMS database :/

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Done it. Tried restoring from iCloud too per Apple support. I've come to the conclusion that I'm either going to get miserable battery life or I'm gonna have to ditch my backup and just lose my app data and SMS database :/

There is one way to save your app data. You'll need two computer programs: the iPhone Backup Decoder (free, Mac) and iExplorer (free, PC/Mac). You take your latest backup, and run it through the backup decoder. It will spit out a nested folder with all of your data. Next, take your restored phone that has all of your apps installed. Open them. If they download/sync from iCloud, yay. If not, close them and remove them from the app switcher.

Next, open iExplorer. Navigate to the Apps folder. Find an app you need to restore (let's say Angry Birds). In your nested folder will be the Angry Birds folder, with a plist and a library archive and some other ones inside. Just drag the contents of the folder over into iExplorer and drop them in the Angry Birds folder. It'll paste, ask if you want to overwrite, and say yes.

Go ahead and open up your app, and if you dropped in the correct files, you should have all your levels restored. Rinse and repeat as necessary.

The page about the backup extractor will link to a free mac app that will let you read the SMS database on your computer, but I don't recommend trying to copy it back. I never got that to work for me.

Avenged110

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I never really thought about trying that, thanks. That helps for a bunch of games since I wiped my iCloud docs. Anyway, I have a pdf backup of my texts which I suppose is about as good as it's going to get. However, I'm getting some impressive battery life now, so I suppose that's nice.

Attachments

• photo.PNG
    photo.PNG
    105.7 KB · Views: 18

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I know it's about as painful as cleaning out the attic, but it does need done sometimes. I am glad it seemed to help out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit