Thanks very much. There was a lot of lint in there and the paperclip cleaning worked great! Appreciate your post
    07-13-2015 10:48 AM
    Thanks. It worked like a charm.
    12-23-2015 01:59 PM
    This is nuts, it worked like a charm to clean out the lint. I used a paper clip and scooped out what I thought was an amount not possible of fitting in that charging port, but it was there. And now it's gone, and my charger actually works! Nice find you guys!
    01-11-2016 02:36 PM
    Just tried this with the business end of a push pin and it worked great. I have occasionally blown into the lightning port from time to time for modest improvement, but I was amazed at just how much compacted lint was in there. Only a small, semi-sharp object would have been able to get all that compressed lint out of there.

Thanks for the advice!
    04-06-2016 03:01 PM
    I had tried the cleaning port methods, changing wires, etc., and bending wire back and fourth. which only worked temp. Hope this helps someone. The next best option is ill have to change out the whole entire charging port myself, not worth paying someone if your careful enough...

Subject: Ipod 5th generation charging issue
    Re edit update: I tried pulling the two prong things inside the port out , but it seems to keep not charging until unless you force bend it up and down, now its wearing out or something. I guess its a larger problem that i don't know how to resolve. It looks like you need a heat gun and some soldering work to change the charging dock! I think the screen repair is a much simpler fix...I may try one more wire brand new.
    Last edited by Jcase337; 09-14-2016 at 01:33 PM. Reason: unresolved charging issue
    09-12-2016 09:27 AM
    The paper clip thing worked 100% !!!!!!!! I had not even thought that lint would be the culprit. My phone was charging intermittently. I did think about cleaning it out, but I was just blowing in it and nothing was coming out. I just tried the paperclip idea and some lint came out. It still wasn't charging. In fact, it wasn't charging at all. I thought I messed something up. But, I tried it again and then all of a sudden, A LOT of lint kept coming out. I think I pushed the lint to the back with the paperclip the first time. I just kept scraping slowing and gently and stuff kept coming out. Sure enough, I plugged the phone in and it's charging 100%. I can move the phone while it's charging and it's not disconnecting at all...awesome!
    09-28-2016 02:17 PM
    The paper clip thing worked 100% !!!!!!!! I had not even thought that lint would be the culprit. My phone was charging intermittently. I did think about cleaning it out, but I was just blowing in it and nothing was coming out. I just tried the paperclip idea and some lint came out. It still wasn't charging. In fact, it wasn't charging at all. I thought I messed something up. But, I tried it again and then all of a sudden, A LOT of lint kept coming out. I think I pushed the lint to the back with the paperclip the first time. I just kept scraping slowing and gently and stuff kept coming out. Sure enough, I plugged the phone in and it's charging 100%. I can move the phone while it's charging and it's not disconnecting at all...awesome!
    Next time please don't use metal but hard plastic or even a toothpick.
    Metal can damage can damage the port.
    09-28-2016 02:23 PM
    Wow this response is very timely-I am now having this exact issue with my iPhone 6S+ ....as I am typing this the charger keeps connecting and disconnecting intermittently.

This time I couldn't get it cleaned...as said in the previous post, I worry about putting something metal in there...I wish I still had that plastic toothpick that comes with a Swiss Army Knife!!! 😜
    09-28-2016 02:36 PM
    Update: great news, I got it!

I don't know if I should recommend the paper clip, but it took a paper clip, a strong headlamp, and a lot of pressure on it.

As someone else mentioned, it took a while and did not come out immediately, but after some work and a decent amount of force, I was shocked to see a good amount of lint come out! It was tough to dislodge because of all the times I forced the charger in thus impacting the lint really tightly.

I don't know if it's plastic or metal, but you can clearly tell [with a strong flashlight] when you have the lint out-it is a solid white/off-white back, rather than the greyish lint color (I was fooled into thinking i was looking at the back when in actuality I was seeing a solid sheet of lint!)

Good luck everyone! And thanks for updating this thread the *day* I needed to look into this problem again.
    09-28-2016 03:00 PM
59 123