iMessage won't work over Wifi only

Judson50

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
My iMessage works perfectly with Cellular data but if I turn the data off and turn the Wifi it doesn't send nor receive messeges from iMessage.

Have you tried to reset your phone? Hold the power and home button until the screen goes black.

Of you can try to disconnect iMessage and reconnect.

Of you can wipe and reinstall your iOS

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
My iMessage works perfectly with Cellular data but if I turn the data off and turn the Wifi it doesn't send nor receive messeges from iMessage.

Sounds like your router or ISP is blocking it .. Does it not work on just your wifi or Any wifi ?

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Using FaceTime and iMessage behind a firewall

Using FaceTime and iMessage behind a firewall

Summary

For most networks configurations, FaceTime video calling and iMessage will just work. If you are on a network that is behind a firewall, see below.

Products Affected

Mac OS X 10.6, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod touch (4th generation), FaceTime

Note: FaceTime and iMessage may not be available in all countries or regions.

About firewalls
Your corporation or educational institution may use a firewall for increased security. Firewalls work by blocking certain Internet traffic from entering or leaving a network.

Internet traffic moves through a firewall based on service-identification numbers that are referred to as ports. Certain ports must be open for FaceTime and iMessage to work. Network administrators typically open a minimal set of network ports, allowing the traffic for approved applications to enter and leave the network while blocking other network traffic.

Ports to open
If the network router that you are connected to uses a firewall or security software to restrict Internet access, contact the network administrator and refer them to this article.

Enable port forwarding on the following ports to use FaceTime and iMessage on a restricted network.

Ports
FaceTime​
iMessage
80 (TCP)
443 (TCP)
3478 through 3497 (UDP)-
5223 (TCP)
16384 through 16387 (UDP)-
16393 through 16402 (UDP)-

Depending on the NAT configuration for the router and network, additional ports may be used to send and receive video. Some router-specific features or configurations may interfere with FaceTime and iMessage. This includes port mapping on either end, SIP dropping, or dynamic opening of media ports.
The network administrator can refer to their router, firewall, or security software documentation for information about configuring port forwarding.

Additional Information
If you encounter issues using a Wi-Fi network, use standard Wi-Fi network troubleshooting to resolve interference and other issues.
FaceTime for Mac support resources can be found here. The support page has links to support pages for FaceTime on iOS devices, on the left side.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234