Security Passcode by pass

Robern1

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My Brother died recently aged 21. We as his family want to access his photo's & videos on his iphone5 but cannot due to being unable to bypass the security passcode. Your adviser tried very hard to be helpful but was unable to offer a solution to our plight. We find it unsatisfactory that in this situation when an Apple customer is deceased, their loved ones have no way of accessing precious memories from the iphone5 if a security passcode is unknown. This product is flawed in our opinion and we are devastated that Apple have been unable to over-ride the operating system to assisting us to gain access to this media:crying: Can anyone anywhere help us please?. The iphone 5 was never plugged into a PC. There is no itunes account. When connecting to a PC the device is listed as iphone but the right click doesn't pick up the media...just properties, shortcut etc.

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated. Many thanks

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Security Passcode

There's a very good chance you don't want to see what a 21yr old guy had as pictures.

I'm not aware of any workarounds for the passcode though =/

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site

My Brother died recently aged 21. We as his family want to access his photo's & videos on his iphone5 but cannot due to being unable to bypass the security passcode. Your adviser tried very hard to be helpful but was unable to offer a solution to our plight. We find it unsatisfactory that in this situation when an Apple customer is deceased, their loved ones have no way of accessing precious memories from the iphone5 if a security passcode is unknown. This product is flawed in our opinion and we are devastated that Apple have been unable to over-ride the operating system to assisting us to gain access to this media:crying: Can anyone anywhere help us please?. The iphone 5 was never plugged into a PC. There is no itunes account. When connecting to a PC the device is listed as iphone but the right click doesn't pick up the media...just properties, shortcut etc.

First and foremost, I'm terribly sorry to hear about your loss. Keep strong!

Secondly, how exactly did you go about taking it to Apple? Did you bring it into an Apple retail location, call customer service, etc? Frankly I'm sort of surprised Apple was either unwilling or unable to do anything, especially if you provided information to prove your claim.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

My Brother died recently aged 21.
I'm sorry for your loss
We as his family want to access his photo's & videos on his iphone5 but cannot due to being unable to bypass the security passcode.
I understand
Your adviser tried very hard to be helpful but was unable to offer a solution to our plight.
Our "advisor"? Do you have the "advisor's" name?
We find it unsatisfactory that in this situation when an Apple customer is deceased, their loved ones have no way of accessing precious memories from the iphone5 if a security passcode is unknown.
There are trade-offs to keeping data secure, and one of them is making it so that non-owners cannot have access to data that isn't theirs. Being that we are not law enforcement or any other legal entity, or cannot prove your identity or your claim, there is no way we can help you.
This product is flawed in our opinion and we are devastated that Apple have been unable to over-ride the operating system to assisting us to gain access to this media:crying:
I understand, but my previous statement applies here as well.
Can anyone anywhere help us please?.
I'm sorry, but we cannot.
The iphone 5 was never plugged into a PC. There is no itunes account. When connecting to a PC the device is listed as iphone but the right click doesn't pick up the media...just properties, shortcut etc.

You can try taking various documents to prove your claim as well as proof of ownership of the i-device to a nearby Apple Store and see if they can help you. Again, I'm sorry for your loss. Take care.

bruceleer0y

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
That's a difficult question for people to answer because if there was a way and someone knew, if for some reason what you're saying about your brother is a lie, someone just helped you get into a phone that you shouldn't have access to. Your best route is through apple and proving to them he passed and you're his surviving relatives. Good luck.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your loss. My condolences.

That said...you find the product flawed and unsatisfactory because the security feature works? There is nothing flawed with the product, it's functioning precisely as it was designed, and the person at Apple (as well as you guys) have no access to it because that was the intention of brother, he wanted it private, so he locked it up...no unfortunately he lost his life, and that is a true tragedy, but not a planned one obviously, so these things happen.

Again, please accept my sincerest condolences on your loss, and i can understand frustration and anger on the heels of such, but this product is no more flawed than a safe someone has that no one has the combination for, it's simply functioning as intended by both Apple AND the user (your brother).

To help you, there is a software on mac (and possibly PC) called Image Capture that can take photos and videos off a locked i-device without the password.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro