Getting iPhone 5 Black or White?

mrlyons841

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I am going to get an iPhone 5 later this week. The only thing is I am on the fence about getting a white one or a black one. Who out there prefers one over the other?

Sent from my iPhone 4

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Black or White?

With that, closed thread....

... or not!

To answer the OP's question: it?s strictly a matter of choice. I?ve always had black iPhones, but am seriously considering switching to a white model with the next release... just time to switch it up.

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

The white 5 is actually pretty nice because of the silver back. It all blends together nicely. I like the black "stealth" look better though. One of my main reason is how the display blends in when watching videos or something. For some reason, makes it feel bigger than white with the outlined box. I don't know. But a thing to note with the black is the possible chipping of the paint around the sides of it. Haven't been an issue for me but it does exists. Either one is a good choice, but I'd go black. I want Apple to come out with a aluminum color iPhone (like macbooks and iPads). It seems most logical LOL for the brand.

broadwayblues

Mar 18, 2012
Visit site

The white 5 is actually pretty nice because of the silver back. It all blends together nicely. I like the black "stealth" look better though. One of my main reason is how the display blends in when watching videos or something. For some reason, makes it feel bigger than white with the outlined box. I don't know. But a thing to note with the black is the possible chipping of the paint around the sides of it. Haven't been an issue for me but it does exists. Either one is a good choice, but I'd go black. I want Apple to come out with a aluminum color iPhone (like macbooks and iPads). It seems most logical LOL for the brand.

Sums up my feelings for the black iPhone 5 perfectly. One thing I have notices is the small dings I have on my black phone show up really noticeably. I read that the white one hides the dings better.

Other than that I love my black iPhone 5.

mrlyons841

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I ended up getting the black one on Wednesday. I love it! Had an iPhone 4 and took advantage of the Best Buy trade in event. Thanks everyone for their input :)

dacunto

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I got the white one. Seems to stay "cleaner" longer. Most people that I run into that have the black one, there always seems to be some of the black paint chipped. Regardless of having a case or not

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Congrats and enjoy your iPhone 5. I myself have the white mostly because I also have the iPad in white. This is my first non black phone and I wasn't quite sure if I would like it.

Sent From My Mobile Device Using Tapatalk

raggdoll

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I had a black one. Man, little nicks and scratches really show easily. I ended up upgrading to a 32G model, and went white for that reason. It's very high end looking, I love it.

lamy11685

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
I bought the black one for myself. IMHO the black is much slicker looking than the white version. Like others have said, the black will show the scratches and wear a lot more than the white. Whichever way you go just remember to enjoy the crap out if that new iPhone. I know I am!

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I like the black because the screen isn't right there. It's "hidden" until turned on. It is all personal preference. I had a white 4S before my black 5. I'm glad I went back to a black phone. It's sleek. If you watch movies I like the black better as well. Not as distracting. There is a reason why TVs are black to not draw attention away from the screen.

recellseo

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
Definitely Black

I'd go with the black one it looks more stylish and sophisticated and also on the safe side it goes with a lot of color combinations.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR