General curiosity for why iPhone users stay with the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brogister

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am currently a BlackBerry user but only recently switched over from an iPhone 4. Although I miss somethings about having an iPhone, generally i am very pleased with my switch to the new BB10. I haev friends that ask me all the time why i switched over and I give them some features that got me hooked. So now I am wondering why people stay with Apple? What keeps you guys hooked on the iPhone? Is it the general experience of the OS? And remember i know all about the features and what an iPhone is capable of so I am not looking for a list of features. Also, i believe most smartphones on the market are great so I have no intent to downgrade an iPhone or anything else. Just a general curiosity.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have to agree with keith that my phone just meets my needs much like I am going to guess yours did when you had it before the switch and since this is your first post...Let me ask you this... What made you leave iPhone to go to a new platform where you now have 12 posts at CB asking to learn a new platform where you were on one you already knew. So the question again....Why did you switch??
Why did you leave to join this forum where we welcome you to make this your first post to ask this question?

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Simple and it works..

Never have to reboot or does the device reboot on it's own... iOS 6.1.4 is very stable.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys,

I am currently a BlackBerry user but only recently switched over from an iPhone 4. Although I miss somethings about having an iPhone, generally i am very pleased with my switch to the new BB10. I haev friends that ask me all the time why i switched over and I give them some features that got me hooked. So now I am wondering why people stay with Apple? What keeps you guys hooked on the iPhone? Is it the general experience of the OS? And remember i know all about the features and what an iPhone is capable of so I am not looking for a list of features. Also, i believe most smartphones on the market are great so I have no intent to downgrade an iPhone or anything else. Just a general curiosity.

care to elaborate what needs the new blackberry gives you?

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
I think many people stay for the familiarity and ease of use. It does work very well for most people and the software is generally very stable. Not unlike just about any other product that people become used to and stick with. I only buy Nike because I just like them, they last forever and are generally more comfortable for my wide feet. I buy Hondas because they are comfortable and last forever. I suppose I could branch out to Addidas and Reebok, but why would I when Nike does what I want and need?

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
care to elaborate on what those needs are?
You had the phone... You should know what they are or are you now regretting your new Q10?

Let me also ask this? Did you not post this in your original post and now retracting??

"And remember i know all about the features and what an iPhone is capable of so I am not looking for a list of features."

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
For me, the iPhone is easy to use, powerful, professional-looking, well-built and designed, but most of all, it meets my smartphone needs perfectly.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
1) Super stable OS
2) Longer software support than other platforms.
3) Bunch of apps available
4) Insane customer service if something goes wrong with my phone. (This is big)
5) Built quality and hardware seem better ( in my opinion)
6) investing in the Apple ecosystem
7) Excellent Battery life ( others getting better though)
8) Because I like supporting American companies ( why not?? )
9)I like the simplicity of the OS, eventhough it is not as rich in features as other platforms.
10) Resale value usually higher...
11) I just like it
12) better integration with family and friends who own iphones.
13) Do I need to say more??

brogister

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I had a Bold 9900 before I got the iPhone 4. This was during a time when a lot of my friends were switching over and as a BlackBerry user, I was getting left in the dust with an out of date OS. I was happy with my iPhone for a little but I could never get used to the touch screen typing. Then about 6 or 7 months ago I got the iPad mini, and right about this time my battery was failing... I was having to charge it sometimes twice a day. I was getting more and more frustrated with the lag and the keyboard. When the Q10 was released, I played around with it and instantly fell in love. They keyboard was better then ever and the phone was more powerful than any other phone I have ever used.

Now almost 2 moths into using it I find that it is the best on the market in what I look for in a phone. Especially since I am not looking for a ton of apps on my phone because I have those on my iPad. I find the browsing, keyboard, e-mail, and battery life to be the best on the market.

I decided to ask you guys this question because last night I asked my girlfriend why she still uses iPhones and she gave the response "because its something I'm used too" and so I was curious if that was a general thought or just hers.

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I think it's important to note that user ability has a lot to do with it as well. When the OP says he knows all about iphone features and what it's capable of, I'm sorry, but I find that is seldom the case generally.

brogister

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I my opinion the Q10 is the best on the market in what I look for. That is phone calls, texting, e-mail, and browsing. What first got my attention was the keyboard and I liked it, but I fell in love with the OS. That is my experience and this is why I am looking for yours.

brogister

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Not regretting it at all, although there are some things I do miss. For example, the screen size was nice to read things on and I do miss the maps. Overall, my experience with the Q10 has been better than my experience with the iPhone.

I think you may have mis understood what my post is about. I am looking for what features someone likes; I am looking for that 'X' factor that keeps them hooked.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
I my opinion the Q10 is the best on the market in what I look for. That is phone calls, texting, e-mail, and browsing. What first got my attention was the keyboard and I liked it, but I fell in love with the OS. That is my experience and this is why I am looking for yours.

Really cool you are happy with the blackberry. Good Luck

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
- I love the fact that my iPhone works perfectly 99% of the time.
- I have a solid App Store investment i wish to continue benefiting from.
- I use iCloud (@me) for email and I don?t want to change.
- My stuff syncs via iCloud between my MacBook Air and my iPhone.
- I love the size.
- I love the feel.
- iOS 7 seems to solve most of the quirks I had.
- Fantastic mobile camera, and great 3rd party supporting apps.
- I have an Apple TV, and Airplay is second to none.
- iTunes investment.
- iWorks is the best mobile office suite, even more so than Office for WP in my opinion.
- The operating system runs very very well.

I am comfortable, I am content, my needs are currently met, and no other operating system offers that much more to warrant a complete change of platform, and lose some of the benefits I reap from being in the Apple ecosystem.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Easy, it's simple, straight forward, minimal and it works. I also spent four years working at a photography lab that specializes in color and is one of the best in the world for color. No other phone on the market can compare to the iPhones color representation, best I've seen so far outside of iPhone is the Droid DNA.

I use my iPhone for most everything. My laptop is essentially obsolete in this mobile era. I still have to get on for Office for work, but if Office for iOS allows you to share more than one file per email, I may pay the price for it and then I would have no need for my laptop for the most part. Once I get an iPad and a keyboard for it I won't need my laptop really for anything except to save my writings onto a flash drive as backup.

I've used Blackberry and Android and neither is at the same level as iOS for what I do. Blackberry is a lot better and I would love to have a Z10 to play with. The mobile era is all about finding the right platform for your needs.

Blazin' tappity tap tap 2 you!

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I love the iOS UI. I've used every platform out there including webos and danger when sidekicks existed. I love the ease of use and the fact that I never have to reset or restart it. There's apps available for everything I need and want. And you don't have to reads manual to use it. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Were the other 100 threads just like this not enough to answer the question?

No offense, but this is just silly..."Hey guys, I used to have an iPhone but now I'm happy with another kind of phone...why wouldn't you make the same choice I did?" That IS your ultimate goal, correct? Not to say you're going about it disrespectfully or anything, but just looking at your first post, what difference would it make if we listed the same things we've said 100 other times in 100 other threads? You say you're looking for the "X" factor...but are you really? Or are you looking for someone to LIST their "X" factor so you can retort that such and such device also has blah blah blah.

Why do i stay with the iPhone and iOS? Because I prefer the iPhone and iOS over the other offerings on the market...nothing from Blackberry interests me, it's a desperate swan song from a company circling the drain (in my opinion), nothing running Android interests me because i can't stand the OS (many of the phones though are quite nice), and the stuff offered from Windows just seems to need a bit more polish before it catches my attention (the phones, especially the Lumia 920, are beautiful pieces of hardware though).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2