Siri and iPhone 5

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
I was checking on my security features today. I bought my iPhone about 1.5 weeks ago and set Siri so it couldn't be used on the lock screen. I wanted to check my settings, but when I went to passcode lock options in settings, the option to turn Siri on/off in the lock screen had disappeared :O I tried out Siri on lockscreen, and was able to get it to call one of my contacts. I ended up rebooting my phone and fortunately, the Passcode lock gave the option to turn Siri on/off in lock screen again. I know I had set Siri to be off in the lock screen when I first got the phone because it took me a bit of fiddling around to find the option in the first place (first iPhone for me).

Has anyone had this happen to them? I'd hate to have to check daily to be sure Passcode lock on Siri (off for lockscreen) is on (and hopefully, the option doesn't totally disappear from my settings again).

Any suggestions/input is greatly appreciated.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When you turn off Siri usage in the lock screen, it should stay that way permanently (mine has never changed)...if you're having issues like that, it would probably behoove you to do a restore on your device to prevent that in the future. If it continues afterwards, have the device swapped out.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks.
I did a little more research and I think what happened is that Siri was enabled, but on my Passcode settings, there was no option for Siri, but there was one for Voice Control. The Voice Control was what came up on the lock screen when I held down the home button on the lock screen. I can't figure out how the phone got to Voice Control instead of using Siri when I had Siri enabled. Any feedback is helpful.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro