Weather location on iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this issue that I am having

I have 2 Verizon iPhone 5

My iPhone 5, on weather and when I check the weather from notification center, it ONLY shows the county that I am in. It does not show me the city

For example, I live in Visalia, CA
but on my weather it shows Tulare because that's the county
Where as on my other iPhone is says Visalia
And this happens wherever I go
If I'm in Hanford, CA it shows up as KINGS
Is there a fix?

Already tried everything

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Weather on iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Try this: initiate the native weather app. Click on the "i" in the lower left corner. Tap the + sign in the upper right corner and then type in your zip code or city and State.

You can also go to Settings-Privacy-Location Services and select "ON" next to weather.

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

That's a recent change. It has to do with the way yahoo reports it. Mine started doing that in the last month or so also. It will only show the actual city name if I am in the city proper, but the county if I am just outside the city. I have checked a few times and all the info is the same, so it doesn't seem to matter.
This is with the location turned on, by the way.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site

The same thing has happened to me. I have a buddy who lives almost exactly in the middle of two separate towns/cities. Previously, the Weather app would almost always display the city as the town that's right across the river from his house. Now it simply displays the name of the county in which he lives in when I'm visiting.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

This is not a fix but I moved my Native Weather app to my last page and now use Yahoo's new iOS 7 looking Weather app it really good and accurate to close towns like we have in little RI

Nice thing is I still have the Native Weather enabled for Notifications for a quick temp while I'm checking to see what I missed on the go

Gotta say I really don't like Yahoo at all but there Weather app is great. I give credit when it's due

Sent from my iPhone 5

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site

This is not a fix but I moved my Native Weather app to my last page and now use Yahoo's new iOS 7 looking Weather app it really good and accurate to close towns like we have in little RI

Nice thing is I still have the Native Weather enabled for Notifications for a quick temp while I'm checking to see what I missed on the go

Gotta say I really don't like Yahoo at all but there Weather app is great. I give credit when it's due

Sent from my iPhone 5

Same here. I never use Yahoo services (Flickr aside), but their weather app on iOS is great.

Sent from my iPhone 5

Nolander07

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site

The Yahoo weather app is great, but the info is the same as the native weather app. It still shows the county if not right in the city, town, etc. It's just the way Yahoo decided to do things recently. The weather is still accurate, it just sometimes shows the county instead of the nearby city.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

Same here. I never use Yahoo services (Flickr aside), but their weather app on iOS is great.

As much as I love the Yahoo weather app, I hate the icon that came with the latest update... it’s back to being that ugly purple and yellow Yahoo logo...

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Okay, so I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this issue that I am having

I have 2 Verizon iPhone 5

My iPhone 5, on weather and when I check the weather from notification center, it ONLY shows the county that I am in. It does not show me the city

For example, I live in Visalia, CA
but on my weather it shows Tulare because that's the county
Where as on my other iPhone is says Visalia
And this happens wherever I go
If I'm in Hanford, CA it shows up as KINGS
Is there a fix?

Already tried everything

The weather widget is slow to update; always. It's frequent that I open notification center and it's showing the weather from the morning when it is now 2pm.

My fix was to forget about it and get a full featured weather app.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner