Syncing between iPhone and iPad

MrRUDAH123

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Right, my stepfather has decided to get a iPhone. He wants to be able to synchronise his data from his iPad Mini to the iPhone. I just want opinions on what generation of iPhone he should get. In my eyes he should either wait until the next gen iPhone is released or buy the iPhone 5 because of the lightning cable is compatible with the iPad as well. Anyway, just want your opinions on what he should do?
Thanks.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: iPhone

Right, my stepfather has decided to get a iPhone. He wants to be able to synchronise his data from his iPad Mini to the iPhone. I just want opinions on what generation of iPhone he should get. In my eyes he should either wait until the next gen iPhone is released or buy the iPhone 5 because of the lightning cable is compatible with the iPad as well. Anyway, just want your opinions on what he should do?
Thanks.

It depends on when he wants to make the change. If he wants to do it now, the iPhone 5 is the way to go. If he is willing to wait, the 5S (or whatever they end up calling it) will be worth the wait. The key is to future-proof your purchase as much as possible. The iPhone 4/4S will lose some functionality compared to the iPhone 5 when iOS 7 is released. It’s probably a good bet that the next iPhone ("5S"?) will have more functionality than the iPhone 5 - it’s just how it works...

And if he wants the iPhone 5, but is no real hurry to make the change, he may save some money on the iPhone 5 after the new device is launched. However, he may be limited to a 16GB device is he waits too long to get the iPhone 5 following the release of the next version...

scorpiodsu

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Just get the iPhone 5. Sounds like he wants to get something sooner than Mid-End September. I'm sure the next iPhone will have a nice spec boost but the iPhone 5 will hold it's value very well. I agree with your sentiment about the lightning cable compatibility. Just makes it a little easier when it comes charging and syncing rather than getting an older model and have different cable. And as long as iCloud is being used all the data will be synced seamlessly. iPhone 5 + iPad mini is a great combo, still.

iSeans

May 30, 2013
Visit site

Just get the 5 if he needs it now. He won't want to get less than that if he's already using lightening. iCloud will sync his devices perfectly.