Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Default Would you consider a bigger iPhone?

Do you want a bigger iphone? I mean an iphone as big as the samsung note 2.
    dj2big and protominet like this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,160 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Do you want a bigger iphone?

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe View Post
    Not me. I'm a small person and to be honest when I held my friends Note 2 up to my ear pretending to make a call I looked like I was talking on a tablet also I like to use my iP5 one-handed and could never do that with a larger iPhone......but this is just my opinion and maybe the guys might view it all differently

BTW Welcome to iMore Atobe

I don't think so, I like the feel and size of the iPhone 5, fits great in my hand without being to big.
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    105 Global Posts

Default Would you consider a bigger iPhone?

Yep sure do. Nothing wrong with desiring more options from a too notch company. It would be wise on their part as well as good for business. They should offer multiple screen sizes. I personally dislike the small size of my iPhone 5. Everything else about the phone I love though. If apple decides to "smarten up" and offer more options regarding screen size then it will be better for everyone. I held my friends Galaxy Note 2 in the hand the other day and it felt amazing in my large hands. I shook my head and thought to myself, "When is Apple going to get it"?
    Offer us a phone with a 5+ inch display and I'm sold. Articles like this definite give me hope.

Apple reportedly considering a 5.7-inch iPhone

Apple building a $100 iPhone in a variety of colors, planning 5-inch iPhablets for next year

Apple Considering 4.7" and 5.7" Screens for 2014 iPhone Models, iPhone 5s and Low-Cost iPhone Due in September

iPhone Phablet on the way? Apple is exploring bigger iPhones with up to 5.7″ screens

Last edited by BeKure; 06-22-2013 at 08:46 PM.
    iPhone Newbie

i am happy with the screen size of the 5, but suppose its just a personal preference the trend towards getting bigger and bigger with other phones to me is crazy but I suppose it all depends what you use your phone for.

The 5 is perfect I feel my girlfriends four is small and heavy

Apple found the right size when they made the iPhone 5

Sent from my iPhone 5
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I have nothing against a slightly bigger phone. I do believe the Note 2 is too big however. It's like carrying around a phone book.
    that_maynard likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Atobe View Post
    Absolutely not.

Global Posts
    13,784 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Not me, iPhone 5 is the perfect size. Anything bigger would be like holding a tablet to your ear.
    Last edited by pr1nce; 06-13-2013 at 10:34 AM.

Global Posts
    19,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

There's an ongoing discussion on this matter at the link below along with a poll.

Gotta go bigger - iPhone device size
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,016 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

If it were the size of the Note II, I'd avoid it like the plague...I already consider the Galaxy S phones a bit too big, but the Note II is just silly (for me anyways).

If they increased the size like the Galaxy S4, I'd probably consider it just because it's the newest model...but I don't prefer it. The size would certainly cause me to heavily consider holding onto the iPhone 5 for another year, but to be honest, if they go to that new sizing, what choice will one have anymore? You'll pretty much have to acclimate to that new style because they won't regress back afterwards...it'll suck but oh well, that's the way i felt about manual transmissions too, these days nothing comes with a manual tranny anymore new, you just have to evolve i guess.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    the_stig#WN and finn5975 like this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    62 Global Posts
    iOS Version

YES......
    "You're not afraid of the dark are you?" AT&T iPhone 5s 32g Black.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Slightly bigger, but under 5 inches please. I think anywhere between 4.3 and 4.7 is comfortable.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

I’d have to agree with Sean... if it’s all they offer, what choice do I have? I’d definitely prefer something under 4.5". No need to a huge screen on a phone for any reason.

But with that said, I don’t really see any need to go bigger than the current iPhone 5 screen.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 06-14-2013 at 01:11 PM.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    19,279 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Re: Would you consider a bigger iPhone?

Even though I've made my opinions known in the past that I wouldn't mind having a 4.3 in iPhone, I can easily carry on without it. The size of the iPhone 5 is great for *me*, but like Sean stated, if they increase the size, I'll adjust to it if I decide to buy it. No biggie.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    129 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe'D View Post
    Even though I've made my opinions known in the past that I wouldn't mind having a 4.3 in iPhone, I can easily carry on without it. The size of the iPhone 5 is great for *me*, but like Sean stated, if they increase the size, I'll adjust to it if I decide to buy it. No biggie.
    At the end of the day, the OS and Ecosystem is what makes use of the device a pleasure. I currently use a 4s which by today´s standards is tiny. But I wouldn´t change it for anything other than the 5. iOS is it. (that should be an Ad). iOS is it.
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    376 Global Posts

4.3" to 4.5" is the max for me. I have zero interest in a phone the size of a Note 2
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    812 Global Posts

I have been pretty vocal about my desire for a larger screened iPhone. To the annoyance of many I assume But honestly, after messing with the S4, I have changed my stance. I love the size of my 5. Perhaps a little more width would be nice, but I'm content.

With that said, I'd be curious to see what they do in the future. It seems they are adding more gestures with iOS 7. Perhaps dismissal of the home button? Narrow bezel? Who knows but it'll be fun when it happens.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    531 Global Posts

I don't want the iPhone to be the size of the Note 2. But I could see it going to about 4.7 or 5 inches. It's highly likely that they will bump the screen up, but if it stayed I really wouldn't be that mad. I like the size of the iPhone 5. I hold my dads 4 and just cannot stand the size. And it's obviously thicker and heavier than the 5.
  20. Thread AuthorThread Author   #20  
    iPhone Nanite

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Well, most people think note is too big to carry. I also want a bigger iphone. But not so big as note 2.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    10,074 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'm also a petite person, so holding my 4S and navigating "one handed" is not too difficult. I can manage to just about reach the top left, if need be, in the screen with my thumb. Being able to navigate one handed is important to me using my device. NOW on the other hand, I wouldn't mind it if the iPhone went to a 4.3/4.5" screen either. I would manage to make do-my eyes aren't what they used to be. I have checked out my sons GS4 on a few occasions since he got it & it's a really nice device (I have considered one) - the main thing that bothers me about it is I would never be able to navigate one handed because for my tiny hands its too big and awkward to try & "balance" & navigate.

iHeartMyPINKalicious5C~iPadAir~MBPretina
    *drink that Kool-Aid, follow my lead. now you're one of us, you're coming with me*
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    153 Global Posts

Seems as though the general consensus is maybe. I too have a 4s and find it rather small with a nice weight balance. In considering the i5, I made a mental note that a "heavier" case is definitely in the plans. There is a fine line between screen real estate and a phablet. I personally feel the Note 2 exceeds the limits of a "normal" daily device, yet a 4.5 to 5" screen appeals to me. I also have and use a 7" tablet and a 4.2" phone I use as a daily driver, so I *personally* would find something slightly larger a bit more appealing for my daily needs and desires. Once again, to each their own, but a diverse variety is always a good thing when trying to market to vast audience.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,669 Global Posts

Bigger sure, but mainly what I'd like is a little wider. the ip5 was taller yes, but that didnt fix my biggest gripe with it.

I would either like a wider iphone or keys on the keyboard to be flush next to each other with no gaps. I think this would improve the typing experience on the iphone and would, at least to me, make it a more attractive product.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

iOS Version

Absolutely not. The iPhone is iconic for having a slim, small profile. Not some gargantuan near tablet sized screen. 4 inches is the limit for me. I don't want a huge phone--I like being able to operate my device comfortably with one hand. I would even prefer the 3.5 inch screen over the 4 inch display on the iPhone 5.
    kataran likes this.

Global Posts
    15,481 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.x.x

No.....
    John Yester
    Moderator Team Leader, iMore.com

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast