iOS 7 Exclusive iPhone 5 Features?

redbeard

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Man I wish. The ipad mini is a mini ipad 2. Specs are almost identical. Same processor and gpu, same screen resolution. The only thing better on the mini is the camera, wifi, and power savings. Definitely not as good as the ipad 3 spec wise.

The ipad 2 should definitely be capable.

Specs maybe similar, however the hardware is different in the Mini, iPad 2 just doesn't have the hardware to do some things the Mini can. It's like expecting a diesel engine to run on gasoline because a company makes another engine that runs on gasoline of the same size.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Specs maybe similar, however the hardware is different in the Mini, iPad 2 just doesn't have the hardware to do some things the Mini can. It's like expecting a diesel engine to run on gasoline because a company makes another engine that runs on gasoline of the same size.

What about the hardware is different than the mini? Please explain? Everything I have read is 16gb ipad 2 wifi has the same exact processor and screen resolution, only difference is size of screen, camera, and wifi.

I don't think the engine analogy works here.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What about the hardware is different than the mini? Please explain? Everything I have read is 16gb ipad 2 wifi has the same exact processor and screen resolution, only difference is size of screen, camera, and wifi.

The main differences between the iPad 2 and the iPad Mini:

The Mini has BT 4.0 (iPad 2 has BT 2.1)
The Mini has LTE cellular (iPad 2 has 3G)
The MIni has a rear 1080p HD still and video camera w 5 MP sensor (iPad 2 has 720p still/video camera w 0.7 MP sensor)
The Mini has a front 1.2 MP still, 720p video camera (iPad 2 has VGA-quality still and video camera, 0.3 MP)

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

The main differences between the iPad 2 and the iPad Mini:

The Mini has BT 4.0 (iPad 2 has BT 2.1)
The Mini has LTE cellular (iPad 2 has 3G)
The MIni has a rear 1080p HD still and video camera w 5 MP sensor (iPad 2 has 720p still/video camera w 0.7 MP sensor)
The Mini has a front 1.2 MP still, 720p video camera (iPad 2 has VGA-quality still and video camera, 0.3 MP)

What Fausty said. There are massive differences people turn a blind eye too.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
What Fausty said. There are massive differences people turn a blind eye too.

I dont think i would call the difference in camera and some wireless differences massive. That is a nice change in itself but it doesn't mean the ipad 2 doesn't have the hardware to run the stuff. It is just as powerful as the mini is all I was pointing to.

Sure the camera features would have to be left out but Siri should have always been on it. I understand why they didn't because they wanted another selling point for the next ipad.

I just find it crazy how lots of people right of the ipad 2 as weaker when it shares the same exact processor(a5) as the mini. Well the ipad 2 16 gb does anyways.

I don't have one myself anymore but the ipad 2 and the ipad mini while not powerhouses compared to the ipad3/4 is still quite capable of doing most of these tasks without problems.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
I dont think i would call the difference in camera and some wireless differences massive. That is a nice change in itself but it doesn't mean the ipad 2 doesn't have the hardware to run the stuff. It is just as powerful as the mini is all I was pointing to.

Sure the camera features would have to be left out but Siri should have always been on it. I understand why they didn't because they wanted another selling point for the next ipad.

I just find it crazy how lots of people right of the ipad 2 as weaker when it shares the same exact processor(a5) as the mini. Well the ipad 2 16 gb does anyways.

I don't have one myself anymore but the ipad 2 and the ipad mini while not powerhouses compared to the ipad3/4 is still quite capable of doing most of these tasks without problems.

Since Siri is server based, the cellular radio is a huge difference... and could very well be what kept Siri off that device.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Since Siri is server based, the cellular radio is a huge difference... and could very well be what kept Siri off that device.

Don't see why considering I have the 16 gb ipad mini with only wifi and it has it. Plus there are 3G versions of the ipad 2 just like the iPhone 4s

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
He probably should have said the LTE radio is a huge difference...which it is, monumental in fact.

Why all this debating back and forth about the two iPads though? They're obviously different in quite a few ways, whether someone thinks those are legitimate differences or not is just opinion anyways so what's the point? The iPad Mini and the iPad 2 are not the same...even if they share some internals, it doesn't make them the same.

I guess i just don't see why this argument is still happening given the proof has already been shown clearly...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW