Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Default Just watched WWDC and have a quick question!

Hello everyone! I just watched MOST of the WWDC (AMAZING) conference and didn't catch if there is a new phone coming out. Is it just the iOs7 update for the iPhone5? Reason I ask is because I have to go in for a new phone by tomorrow and was wondering if I should hold off or get the 5 as that is the latest and will stay the latest?

Also, I've read that the black iPhone 5 scrapes and gets scratches easily. Is this the case for most of you black phone users?

Thanks so much!
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Default Re: Just watched WWDC and have a quick question!

Quote Originally Posted by jessica_lynn9474 View Post
    Hello everyone! I just watched MOST of the WWDC (AMAZING) conference and didn't catch if there is a new phone coming out. Is it just the iOs7 update for the iPhone5? Reason I ask is because I have to go in for a new phone by tomorrow and was wondering if I should hold off or get the 5 as that is the latest and will stay the latest?

Also, I've read that the black iPhone 5 scrapes and gets scratches easily. Is this the case for most of you black phone users?

Thanks so much!
    The WWDC is typically when Apple announces new iterations of their software... the new iPhone and any iPad releases won’t be announced until later in the year - and the iOS devices are typically made available in the fall (September/October)...

There’s a new iPhone coming, but it was NOT announced today.
    Last edited by Fausty82; 06-10-2013 at 04:41 PM.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Global Posts
    6,538 Global Posts
    iOS Version

WWDC isn't over yet

More to come

Sent from my iPhone 5
    iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)

Global Posts
    22,976 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Just watched WWDC and have a quick question!

Quote Originally Posted by jessica_lynn9474 View Post

Thanks so much!
    The focus was on the new Mac hardware, OS X Maverick and iOS 7. There was no mention of the next iPhone or other new iOS devices. iOS 7 will be available to the public this fall which leads me to believe that the next iPhone will be available then as well so you might as well get the iPhone 5 now. It will get the updated iOS. As for scratches and such, both will get them and be visible depending on your handling of the device.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    823 Global Posts

Don't want to hijack the thread, but didn't they show that phone/message blocking is coming? if they are talking about a true call filter that works behind the scene (headless app), I'm in.
    Apple seemed to have relaxed the API. They did not allow any headless apps for the fear of the battery life, but now they relaxed it.

Global Posts
    11,976 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by xanadome View Post
    Don't want to hijack the thread, but didn't they show that phone/message blocking is coming? if they are talking about a true call filter that works behind the scene (headless app), I'm in.
    Apple seemed to have relaxed the API. They did not allow any headless apps for the fear of the battery life, but now they relaxed it.
    The blocking was mentioned as an aside... as something to handle those people who just won't let go... and the subject showed up on a slide of features...
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    Thanked by:
    xanadome (06-10-2013)
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    6,570 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Loved the syncing of Notifications.
    No more clearing on each device.
    Now if they could just get iMessages to sync properly between devices.
    Great presentation.
    Good Luck

Apple TV
    iPhone 5S
    iPad Air Wi-Fi
    MacBook Air 13" Mid 2012 Yosemite 10.10
    Cigar Lover