Email delete trouble

jonsigler

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I've been having a trouble in Mail that when I swipe to delete a message it may delete a different message (one I don't want to delete) and leave the message I intended to delete in the inbox.

At first I thought it was because it was fetching mail, nope the problem happens when idle.

I double checked that no clients were open on any other computers and it happens even if they are off.

It isn't limited to just a specific email account.

Any ideas what is causing the problem or how to stop it?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've yet to experience anything like that with the native mail app on my iPhone 5 or even on the 4S I had before that. You might consider backing up your device and then restoring it "as new" via iTunes.

jonsigler

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I've tried the trashcan option but like to delete without reading emails that don't need reading and it opens the next email in the box regardless of if I want to read it or not.

jonsigler

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
I have deleted and re-added the accounts. I have also done a fresh "as new" wipe. Neither cured the problem.

Two accounts with the problem regularly are an exchange account with a zimbra server. The other a Google Apps account.

I have been to the Genius Bar who said there is no way it could be Apples fault, they are perfect, it must be an open client elsewhere.

I don't use a client but on the phone for the Google Apps domain so it wouldn't delete the message based on what is open in the client. So I don't think Outlook is to blame since it happens both GApps and Exchange.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods