How is iPhone 5 better than the Z10

Douken

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I came here with the purpose of knowing this.

I have a friend that says that the Z10 is not on the level of the 4S and too far away from iP5. Not sure what he means by that so I was hoping to get some answers on this.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
I came here with the purpose of knowing this.

I have a friend that says that the Z10 is not on the level of the 4S and too far away from iP5. Not sure what he means by that so I was hoping to get some answers on this.

Dose it matter, I have the Iphone 5 and dose everything I need to, when I need it.others will say it's the z10, it's just a matter of preference.

Douken

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm not trying to start a war here. I know that what I ask is prone to that. But I'm just trying to be info on it. I've never had an iPhone though I've done jailbreak for friends. I've used it a bit. And I would love some heads up on what you think it's better on the iPhone 5 for example or 4S. Hey, you learn something every day.

I'll ask my friend later when me and him gets off work. I wanted to hear some other opinions and views.

Nophix

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
The z10 is bloody fantastic! I'm anxious to get my hands on the q10 and see bb10 on a physical keyboard.

I'm guessing what he means is ecosystem. Hardware is comparable, with the edge going to the i5. Software is a matter of taste, but BB did a bang-up job on BB10.

As a business user, I'm a big fan of BB. Honestly though, as a personal user, I think they need a bit more 3rd party app support and better marketing.

GingerSnapsBack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Depends. I think there are some things better than others. Some would disagree.

Personally, I think that Apple runs circles around any phone BB has ever made. The phrase "it just works" pretty much sums it up.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, I'm not trying to start a war here. I know that what I ask is prone to that. But I'm just trying to be info on it. I've never had an iPhone though I've done jailbreak for friends. I've used it a bit. And I would love some heads up on what you think it's better on the iPhone 5 for example or 4S. Hey, you learn something every day.

I'll ask my friend later when me and him gets off work. I wanted to hear some other opinions and views.

You've mentioned three devices: the iPhone 5, the iPhone 4S and the Blackberry Z10. I was a die-hard Blackberry fanboy for many years with no regrets, but I have not had the opportunity to spend quality time with the Z10 to give a credible opinion, but I can in regard to the 4S and 5. If you've been reading throughout the iMore forum since October 2011 when the 4S became available to the public, you would know that I thoroughly enjoyed using the 4S so much that I had no desire to upgrade to the 5. Every chance I got, I expressed my satisfaction with it and I still believe that it is one of the best smartphones ever made. Period. Having said that, it is no match for the raw power and speed of the iPhone 5. Everyday tasks are noticeably faster, however, the things you can do with the 5 can be done with the 4S. I won't get into things like the camera because I don't take a lot of photos with my iPhones. Anyway, the 4S is more than enough to satisfy one's smartphone needs, in my opinion and if money is an issue, get it. If not, get the iPhone 5 or its successor. They're both easy to use, professional looking, well built and powerful. I hope I was helpful. Take care. ;)

Last edited:

Douken

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
All right, I see now. It is like he sid. It just works.

It's like Halo in its time or like Call of Duty. It might or might not be the best but it just works, it's sturdy and reliable.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
All right, I see now. It is like he sid. It just works.

It's like Halo in its time or like Call of Duty. It might or might not be the best but it just works, it's sturdy and reliable.

What do you mean "in its time".....the HALO franchise is still one of THE best, even now :)....sorry I know its not on topic but it had to be said lol

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I agree with D, I was a die hard, loyal BB user for years. The 4S is an awesome device that just works. Whether its the iPhone 4S, 5 or Z10 it's all personal preference. Use what works for you.

Douken

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well, you see? I never liked it. I played Halo 1 complete on PC and didn't see anything I didn't see before. Actually at that time I was more impressed by Battlefield 1942 and its 64 player battles in big maps back in 2003. For me Halo was a simple shooter, made right, that it just worked and that was it. Now for console only gamers I understand that it must have been a game changer since it was an FPS perfectly executed on a console. For us PC gamers it was just an all right game. That's where my comparison comes from.

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Well, you see? I never liked it. I played Halo 1 complete on PC and didn't see anything I didn't see before. Actually at that time I was more impressed by Battlefield 1942 and its 64 player battles in big maps back in 2003. For me Halo was a simple shooter, made right, that it just worked and that was it. Now for console only gamers I understand that it must have been a game changer since it was an FPS perfectly executed on a console. For us PC gamers it was just an all right game. That's where my comparison comes from.

I used to be a hard core quake player I played
Q3 arena for about 10 years.. Halo is ok but quake was quite a bit better.. I do still play halo games and cod on consoles now but q3 would probably be my favorite of all time

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Op. it depends on what category you're
Comparing.. iPhone kills most any phone in the app department and iPhones are always smooth but, everything mostly can be argued

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I say we ensure to not get into an annoying mine is better than yours argument. Everyone should just get the phone they want, and not feel the incessant need to prove anything to anyone. I must say I love how iMore has less of these types of threads than other MB sites.

That said I use a 4s which is a great little phone. I know the 5 is better, but I don?t have one and I am waiting for what?s next. I don?t know what BBOS is like as I have never used it, but i have alot invested in Apple/Google so the BB phones, though great I imagine, won?t work for me.

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Dose it matter, I have the Iphone 5 and dose everything I need to, when I need it.others will say it's the z10, it's just a matter of preference.

Exactly. I don't know why so many people ask "What phone should I get???????" Like we can answer that. Yes, we can tell you some differences in them all, but when it comes down to it, it is your personal preference.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR