Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    SaMaster14's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    221 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.0

    Default Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    Just did a small write up about my CaseMachine Sesto case that just came in, here:
    CaseMachine Sesto Case for iPhone5

    Just wanted to point out that the box said, for iPhone 5/5S.

    Not sure if the company is just guessing based on precedent.. but that was quite interesting to see when I opened the case up!



    Pics of the case itself and more can be found at the link above
    iPhone6: Space Gray, 128GB, Verizon
    iPad Air: Space Gray, 64GB, LTE Verizon
    iOS 8.0.2
  2. #2  
    SeanHRCC's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,897 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,899 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  3. #3  
    alsource's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    11 Posts

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    The iPhone 5s will probably have the same size as the iPhone 5. I believe they only wrote that on the case so that they won't have to make a new box for when iPhone 5s will be available.
  4. #4  
    RobbyRob's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    69 Posts
    Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    Yeah they are guessing to save on packaging. Apple is so secret with product launches I don't think they would give away that info so early.
  5. #5  
    Jrome.brooks's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    672 Posts
    Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    I'm sure apple gave the major case company's some info on the build of the 5s but I kind of figured that its going to be the same
  6. #6  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    yawn... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz----------.........
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
  7. #7  
    cpc12's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    385 Posts
    Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    I'm really getting tired of speculating what apple is doing next. There slow to launch products with little improvements.

    C'mon get the party started.

    ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
  8. #8  
    ELavar's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    According to Tim Cook's most recent interviews, he has no interest in changing the phone's size any time soon.
  9. #9  
    Chris Kerrigan's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.4

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    I agree with the sentiment that the case maker is making an educated guess here to save on packaging costs down the line. Plus Tim's comments at D11 seem to be a pretty good indication that Apple doesn't plan on changing the iPhone's screen size, at least not in the short term.
    BlackBerry Storm > Motorola DROID > Samsung Fascinate > BlackBerry Bold 9650 > BlackBerry Bold 9930 > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Motorola Droid Razr HD > iPhone 5
  10. #10  
    TitansJonne#CB's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    I feel people only want a size change just for the sal elf change. I can tell you after being on android for these sat 3 years. I welcome a phone keeping the same form factor. Accessories continue to work with it are a god send. Also, the fact that it says 5s is no sure thing. I work for best buy mobile and last year we received cases before launch that just said new iPhone. The companies weren't told of the name until after launch so they just wrote new iPhone in the meantime, which I also think would be a good idea. Get away from this number stuff and just call it the new iPhone every year. Which iPhone do you have? The 2013 model. Pretty simple.


    Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
  11. #11  
    Chris Kerrigan's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.4

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeJonneJ View Post
    I feel people only want a size change just for the sal elf change. I can tell you after being on android for these sat 3 years. I welcome a phone keeping the same form factor. Accessories continue to work with it are a god send. Also, the fact that it says 5s is no sure thing. I work for best buy mobile and last year we received cases before launch that just said new iPhone. The companies weren't told of the name until after launch so they just wrote new iPhone in the meantime, which I also think would be a good idea. Get away from this number stuff and just call it the new iPhone every year. Which iPhone do you have? The 2013 model. Pretty simple.


    Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    I actually hope that's a route Apple doesn't take. I know for uniformity's sake it might be better, but something about every new iPhone being called "The new iPhone" bugs me just as it does with the iPad.
    BlackBerry Storm > Motorola DROID > Samsung Fascinate > BlackBerry Bold 9650 > BlackBerry Bold 9930 > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Motorola Droid Razr HD > iPhone 5
  12. #12  
    TitansJonne#CB's Avatar
    iPhone Newbie

    Posts
    23 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    I actually hope that's a route Apple doesn't take. I know for uniformity's sake it might be better, but something about every new iPhone being called "The new iPhone" bugs me just as it does with the iPad.
    Lol can get stale definitely but are you really looking forward to the iPhone 10? Seems like overkill.


    Sent from the Death Star using TheForce
  13. #13  
    Chris Kerrigan's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    141 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.4

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeJonneJ View Post
    Lol can get stale definitely but are you really looking forward to the iPhone 10? Seems like overkill.


    Sent from the Death Star using TheForce
    "iPhone 10" does sound a little ridiculous. I guess I just don't know how I feel about dropping the numbers, lol.
    BlackBerry Storm > Motorola DROID > Samsung Fascinate > BlackBerry Bold 9650 > BlackBerry Bold 9930 > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Motorola Droid Razr HD > iPhone 5
  14. #14  
    Fausty82's Avatar
    iMore Genius

    Posts
    8,597 Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

    Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    "iPhone 10" does sound a little ridiculous. I guess I just don't know how I feel about dropping the numbers, lol.
    Ridiculous like OS X 10? It’s easier that trying to decipher what an iPhone Euphoric is... did that one come out before or after the iPhone Utopia?

    The bottom line? If you build it, they will come.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina

Similar Threads

  1. Verizon / AT&T iPhone same size???
    By coltsbr in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-29-2011, 11:54 AM
  2. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-07-2011, 09:20 PM
  3. Apple patents hint at radical new iPhone
    By BLiNK in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-24-2010, 07:20 AM
  4. Jobs hints at future applications for iPhone
    By beachtrader in forum iPhone 4
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-29-2007, 09:19 AM

Posting Permissions