Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

alsource

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 5s will probably have the same size as the iPhone 5. I believe they only wrote that on the case so that they won't have to make a new box for when iPhone 5s will be available.

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Yeah they are guessing to save on packaging. Apple is so secret with product launches I don't think they would give away that info so early.

Jrome.brooks

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure apple gave the major case company's some info on the build of the 5s but I kind of figured that its going to be the same

cpc12

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm really getting tired of speculating what apple is doing next. There slow to launch products with little improvements.

C'mon get the party started.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz

ELavar

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
According to Tim Cook's most recent interviews, he has no interest in changing the phone's size any time soon.

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I agree with the sentiment that the case maker is making an educated guess here to save on packaging costs down the line. Plus Tim's comments at D11 seem to be a pretty good indication that Apple doesn't plan on changing the iPhone's screen size, at least not in the short term.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I feel people only want a size change just for the sal elf change. I can tell you after being on android for these sat 3 years. I welcome a phone keeping the same form factor. Accessories continue to work with it are a god send. Also, the fact that it says 5s is no sure thing. I work for best buy mobile and last year we received cases before launch that just said new iPhone. The companies weren't told of the name until after launch so they just wrote new iPhone in the meantime, which I also think would be a good idea. Get away from this number stuff and just call it the new iPhone every year. Which iPhone do you have? The 2013 model. Pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Chris Kerrigan

May 14, 2013
Visit site
I feel people only want a size change just for the sal elf change. I can tell you after being on android for these sat 3 years. I welcome a phone keeping the same form factor. Accessories continue to work with it are a god send. Also, the fact that it says 5s is no sure thing. I work for best buy mobile and last year we received cases before launch that just said new iPhone. The companies weren't told of the name until after launch so they just wrote new iPhone in the meantime, which I also think would be a good idea. Get away from this number stuff and just call it the new iPhone every year. Which iPhone do you have? The 2013 model. Pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

I actually hope that's a route Apple doesn't take. I know for uniformity's sake it might be better, but something about every new iPhone being called "The new iPhone" bugs me just as it does with the iPad.

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
I actually hope that's a route Apple doesn't take. I know for uniformity's sake it might be better, but something about every new iPhone being called "The new iPhone" bugs me just as it does with the iPad.

Lol can get stale definitely but are you really looking forward to the iPhone 10? Seems like overkill.

Sent from the Death Star using TheForce

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
"iPhone 10" does sound a little ridiculous. I guess I just don't know how I feel about dropping the numbers, lol.

Ridiculous like OS X 10? It’s easier that trying to decipher what an iPhone Euphoric is... did that one come out before or after the iPhone Utopia?

The bottom line? If you build it, they will come.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR