Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,655 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

Just did a small write up about my CaseMachine Sesto case that just came in, here:
    CaseMachine Sesto Case for iPhone5

Just wanted to point out that the box said, for iPhone 5/5S.

Not sure if the company is just guessing based on precedent.. but that was quite interesting to see when I opened the case up!

Pics of the case itself and more can be found at the link above
    iPhone6: Space Gray, 128GB, Verizon
    iPad Air: Space Gray, 64GB, LTE Verizon
    iOS 8.0.2
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,899 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Default Re: Case packaging hints at same size iPhone5S?

"Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
    iMore Newbie

The iPhone 5s will probably have the same size as the iPhone 5. I believe they only wrote that on the case so that they won't have to make a new box for when iPhone 5s will be available.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts

Yeah they are guessing to save on packaging. Apple is so secret with product launches I don't think they would give away that info so early.
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    869 Global Posts

I'm sure apple gave the major case company's some info on the build of the 5s but I kind of figured that its going to be the same
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

yawn... ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz----------.........
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    430 Global Posts

I'm really getting tired of speculating what apple is doing next. There slow to launch products with little improvements.

C'mon get the party started.

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzz
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    68 Global Posts

According to Tim Cook's most recent interviews, he has no interest in changing the phone's size any time soon.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I agree with the sentiment that the case maker is making an educated guess here to save on packaging costs down the line. Plus Tim's comments at D11 seem to be a pretty good indication that Apple doesn't plan on changing the iPhone's screen size, at least not in the short term.
    BlackBerry Storm > Motorola DROID > Samsung Fascinate > BlackBerry Bold 9650 > BlackBerry Bold 9930 > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Motorola Droid Razr HD > iPhone 5
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

I feel people only want a size change just for the sal elf change. I can tell you after being on android for these sat 3 years. I welcome a phone keeping the same form factor. Accessories continue to work with it are a god send. Also, the fact that it says 5s is no sure thing. I work for best buy mobile and last year we received cases before launch that just said new iPhone. The companies weren't told of the name until after launch so they just wrote new iPhone in the meantime, which I also think would be a good idea. Get away from this number stuff and just call it the new iPhone every year. Which iPhone do you have? The 2013 model. Pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by DeJonneJ View Post
    I feel people only want a size change just for the sal elf change. I can tell you after being on android for these sat 3 years. I welcome a phone keeping the same form factor. Accessories continue to work with it are a god send. Also, the fact that it says 5s is no sure thing. I work for best buy mobile and last year we received cases before launch that just said new iPhone. The companies weren't told of the name until after launch so they just wrote new iPhone in the meantime, which I also think would be a good idea. Get away from this number stuff and just call it the new iPhone every year. Which iPhone do you have? The 2013 model. Pretty simple.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    I actually hope that's a route Apple doesn't take. I know for uniformity's sake it might be better, but something about every new iPhone being called "The new iPhone" bugs me just as it does with the iPad.
    BlackBerry Storm > Motorola DROID > Samsung Fascinate > BlackBerry Bold 9650 > BlackBerry Bold 9930 > iPhone 4 > iPhone 4S > Motorola Droid Razr HD > iPhone 5
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    181 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    I actually hope that's a route Apple doesn't take. I know for uniformity's sake it might be better, but something about every new iPhone being called "The new iPhone" bugs me just as it does with the iPad.
    Lol can get stale definitely but are you really looking forward to the iPhone 10? Seems like overkill.

Sent from the Death Star using TheForce
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    4,142 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by DeJonneJ View Post
    Lol can get stale definitely but are you really looking forward to the iPhone 10? Seems like overkill.

Sent from the Death Star using TheForce
    "iPhone 10" does sound a little ridiculous. I guess I just don't know how I feel about dropping the numbers, lol.
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    "iPhone 10" does sound a little ridiculous. I guess I just don't know how I feel about dropping the numbers, lol.
    Ridiculous like OS X 10? It’s easier that trying to decipher what an iPhone Euphoric is... did that one come out before or after the iPhone Utopia?

The bottom line? If you build it, they will come.
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina