Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laelipoo
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Default Itunes and phone won't stop synching

I synched 88 songs to my iPhone 5 music app, they all went thry without any issues, my only problem is after the songs synched the phone and itunes kept synching, I let it go for around 4 to 5 minutes after the music finished synching and unplugged the phone, the little synching icon in the notifications area of my phone kept spinning, I had to shut the phone down to stop it. What is going on, all my music synched fine and can not find any issues, tried synching a few alert tones and the same synching issue, phone and itunes keeps synching and after unplugging the phone the same little synching icon on phone keeps spinning, once again I shut the phone off to stop it. Does anyone know what the problem might be, any help would be welcomed.
    Thank You,
    Vinny
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    17,062 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7.1.2

Default Re: Itunes and phone won't stop synching

Just a bit of a glitch something stuck in a loop.....If you are ok now great. Sometimes it just happens.
    ~JAG~
    Member Of iMore & Mobile Nations!
    In Memory Of Steve Jobs ... Rest In iPeace

3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

I just tried to do a synch in itunes and the same thing happens, it continues to synch, after a few minutes I unplug the phone and the phone is still synching without being plugged in. Something is wrong, is there a way to clear out this issue?? What about deleting the phone from my account completely and then go back and try again, I'm a rookie, obviously, just concerned that I will no longer be able to use itunes with this issue.
    Thanks,
    Vinny
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    154 Global Posts

First thing Apple is going to say. Restore iPhone as new.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

I just deleted all the music and resynched it, all the music came back but still have this same problem. All the steps 1 thru 5 go thru OK, after the synching is complete the "waiting for items to copy" stays while the synching wheels keep spinning. I would hate to have to restore back to new, not that it is a big deal. No one has an easy fix??? Does anyone know exactly why the waiting for items to copy keeps going and going and going??
    Thanks for any help, being a IOS rookie sucks,
    Vinny

PS if I was to restore back to new should I just do it from inside the phone, seems like it is pretty straight forward.
    thanks again
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.x

Have you tried just letting it go and see if it eventually resolves instead of unplugging it and stopping it? It could take another 5-10 minutes to finish.
    Thanked by:
    fightcrazy (06-03-2013)
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Alli View Post
    Have you tried just letting it go and see if it eventually resolves instead of unplugging it and stopping it? It could take another 5-10 minutes to finish.
    I'm going to try just that and not let my patients get the better of me. Thank You for your help.
    Vinny
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

I did a synch, same thing happened, let it go for 25 minutes and unplugged it, I'm stumped. Any more ideas, I'll listen to any ideas,
    Thanks forum,
    Vinny
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,880 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

I've had that issue before it was something I was synching to the phone. I would open the app switcher (double tap home button) close all the apps, reboot. Then when it comes up hook up to iTunes and unsync your music, reboot. Then unsync your ringtones, reboot. Then without putting them back on try to do a sync and see if the sync completes. If there is still a problem are you syncing photos, podcasts, movies? If it does, then first sync the music back on and if the problems starts again one of the songs or albums is probably corrupt. If no problem do the ringtones and see if the problem starts again.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
  10. Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    227 Global Posts

Thank You

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    iMore Nanite

Reboot your computer, make sure the Option Sync this iPhone over wifi is off, uncheck if applicable and try again, it should do
    Thanked by:
    fightcrazy (06-06-2013)

Global Posts
    2,467 Global Posts
    iOS Version

The latest update to iTunes was supposed to fix this issue. I would try updating and see if that helps.
    iMore Forum Moderator
    iPhone 5s ✲ Macbook Pro running Mavericks 10.9 ✲ Apple TV 2nd Gen ✲ Xbox 360 ✲ Nintendo 3DS ✲ PS3

​@laelipoo on Twitter & App.netiMore's 20k Post Challenge
    Thanked by:
    fightcrazy (06-06-2013)
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iPhone Nanite

Okay I restored my phone to factory settings, and that went fine. Then I put all my stuff back on it and that went through okay too, except it's stuck on "Waiting For Items to Copy". I left my phone to sync ALL NIGHT and it's still syncing now as I post this. What do I do?
    Thanks for the help