iPhone 5 taking forever to send text.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Like usual I was texting people through out the day, and occasionally the text messages I would send would not go through. The sending bar would stop midway or wouldn't send at all, or it would send like 10 minutes after originally sending. This only happens when texting not through iMessage.

I tried it on my brothers and moms iPhones as well and theirs works fine. What's going on with my iPhone?

It's doing it again right now.

OTACORB

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Try turning off iMessage and this will force it to use your carriers messaging. IMessage can be hit and miss. This solved this issue for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
iMessage isn't the problem it's the original text message texting for non iPhone phones.

I have no issues with iMessage it's been sending fine all day.

And yeah both their iPhone 5s are on the same carrier and account as mine.

Rodville

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I have issues with messaging when the data is slow. It seems like it wants to send with iMessage and will stick to the bad data connection even after I go to a LTE area. I have to cancel the text wait a sec then send it from the better signal. This seems to affect both iMessage and normal texts. turning iMessage off does nothing for me.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Same here, it seems to be back to normal now. It was the first time it ever happened to me in all the time I've had iPhone lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2