Just sold my LG Optimus G and tomorrow will have a iPhone 5

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Well finally had enough with android and am coming back to iOS, sold the LG and will be going down to the AT&T store tomorrow to get a iPhone 5.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I notice a trend with these threads lately...It'd really be nice to find out what caused you to feel like you had enough with Android. The details are always interesting to read from one user to another, and might help others that are sitting on the fence in the future.

Care to elaborate OP?

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Really the only reason why I left my iPhone in the first place was I thought the screen size was too small, wanted something larger, now that I've had a larger screen and notice almost all android phones are going 4.7"+ its just getting too big. Another factor for me was I love google maps and its nice to see its on the iOS platform.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I notice a trend with these threads lately...It'd really be nice to find out what caused you to feel like you had enough with Android. The details are always interesting to read from one user to another, and might help others that are sitting on the fence in the future.

Care to elaborate OP?

what the hell??? did your account t get hacked?

this is not the SeanHRCCCCCC i have grown to love

Tres Alacranes

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Earlier this year, I myself switched from the iPhone 4 to the Note II. Touch Wiz was very glitchy. I had no idea how to organize pics and files. Popular apps like Facebook, Flippboard, Tango, etc. worked as if they had never been updated by the developers. Apps kept shutting down as well. The bloatware or pre-installed apps made it a chore to find apps that I was looking for. The list goes on and on...

I traded it in for the iPhone 5, jailbroke it and never looked back!

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Happy to report got my iPhone 5 in hand, White 16gb version on AT&T. Now just need to find what are the essential apps to add to my phone again, anyone have a good list of what I might need/want?

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site

Care to elaborate OP?

For me I am back on my Nexus 4, Im the rare case that switches from iPhone to android to iPhone again and Android again(Which is my favourite Mobile OS, close second is BB10 and iOS. UBuntu touch too!

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
For me I am back on my Nexus 4, Im the rare case that switches from iPhone to android to iPhone again and Android again(Which is my favourite Mobile OS, close second is BB10 and iOS. UBuntu touch too!

How do you like the Nexus 4 in comparison? What are the things that make you feel the need to switch between the iPhone and the N4? I'm having another Android itch but wonder how much I'd really use the N4. I've become very dependent on my iPhone.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
How do you like the Nexus 4 in comparison? What are the things that make you feel the need to switch between the iPhone and the N4? I'm having another Android itch but wonder how much I'd really use the N4. I've become very dependent on my iPhone.

Well I love my Nexus 4 more then the iPhone actually. A couple of reasons first, big screen,
-I LOVE that IPS 720p 4.7" display
-The back and multitasking buttons just make sense and I find my self tapping the button left corner on my iPhone to try and find the back button.
-Soft ware buttons, I know at first its different but after you get used to it on screen buttons are much better.
-Customisation, launchers widgets and toggles are just my favourite. My N4 looks nothing like stock right now.
-Build, I loved thge glass back and front on the 4S and I love it on here as well a nice touch is rubber instead of metal which makes the phone comfortable
Call quality, I dont know why but the Nexus 4 has clearer and loader call volume I love it.

Cons:stuff the N4 isnt good at.
-battery, only 4 hours on screen time is pathetic
-App quality, I don't think some apps look as good as the iOS counter parts and iOS has better exclusives.
- Camera, the quality is mostly fine, during excellent lighting conditions only.
-No LTE my country finally got LTE 2 months ago and love it on my iP5.
-Back speaker gets muffled but is still loud enough.

There isn't a lot I miss from my iPhone so thats why I carry the N4 as my main device and the iP5 as a tethering hotspot/iMessaging and FaceTime.The iPhone 5 is an axcellent device but it isn't for me, I am a major geek and have even dual booted my Mac with OSX 10.8.3 and Ubuntu 13.04(Still prefer OSX)

Amy wineBerry

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Well I love my Nexus 4 more then the iPhone actually. A couple of reasons first, big screen,
-I LOVE that IPS 720p 4.7" display
-The back and multitasking buttons just make sense and I find my self tapping the button left corner on my iPhone to try and find the back button.
-Soft ware buttons, I know at first its different but after you get used to it on screen buttons are much better.
-Customisation, launchers widgets and toggles are just my favourite. My N4 looks nothing like stock right now.
-Build, I loved thge glass back and front on the 4S and I love it on here as well a nice touch is rubber instead of metal which makes the phone comfortable
Call quality, I dont know why but the Nexus 4 has clearer and loader call volume I love it.

Cons:stuff the N4 isnt good at.
-battery, only 4 hours on screen time is pathetic
-App quality, I don't think some apps look as good as the iOS counter parts and iOS has better exclusives.
- Camera, the quality is mostly fine, during excellent lighting conditions only.
-No LTE my country finally got LTE 2 months ago and love it on my iP5.
-Back speaker gets muffled but is still loud enough.

There isn't a lot I miss from my iPhone so thats why I carry the N4 as my main device and the iP5 as a tethering hotspot/iMessaging and FaceTime.The iPhone 5 is an axcellent device but it isn't for me, I am a major geek and have even dual booted my Mac with OSX 10.8.3 and Ubuntu 13.04(Still prefer OSX)

Thanks for this post! I seriously wonder what I would legitimately miss. I used the GS3 for a month after its release. After that month, I went running back to my 4S for the sake of simplicity. I found myself getting frustrated with touchwiz. It wasn't that I hated the GS3 or touchwiz. I just didn't find the overall package as intuitive as I would have liked. A friend has suggested I give stock android a try since I also didn't enjoy Sense either on any of the HTC devices I've had once the initial wow factor wore off.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for this post! I seriously wonder what I would legitimately miss. I used the GS3 for a month after its release. After that month, I went running back to my 4S for the sake of simplicity. I found myself getting frustrated with touchwiz. It wasn't that I hated the GS3 or touchwiz. I just didn't find the overall package as intuitive as I would have liked. A friend has suggested I give stock android a try since I also didn't enjoy Sense either on any of the HTC devices I've had once the initial wow factor wore off.

Stock Android wasn't confusing at all just different coming from the iP5. You won't miss much at all with stock.

vdroide

May 22, 2013
Visit site
As I start the experience the Android itch I see some comment on here, I keep seeing posts about people returning to the iPhone. I think I will stay put for a while. I am intrigued by a bigger screen phone, that along with true Google Now are the reasons Android interests me. Maybe they are not enough.

anon5664829

May 6, 2013
Visit site
As I start the experience the Android itch I see some comment on here, I keep seeing posts about people returning to the iPhone. I think I will stay put for a while. I am intrigued by a bigger screen phone, that along with true Google Now are the reasons Android interests me. Maybe they are not enough.

I'v stayed with android maybe you will to.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2