Buying iPhone 5 question

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thinking of upgrading to iPhone 5. If I upgrade through carrier and new d to do a warranty exchange, can I still do swap at Apple Store? Or do I need to upgrade through the Apple store? Sorry, newbie to iPhones. Thanks

Optid

May 26, 2013
Visit site
You can purchase the iPhone anywhere, but to have it serviced through the warranty that Apple provides you would have to visit an Apple store, or call them and have them send you a box to ship it in. Many places in medium to larged sized cities have Authorized Apple repair shops.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! That is useful info. There is an Apple and AT&T store in the mall near me.
I want to upgrade and keep my family plan (which is not available as a new contract any longer). A rep at the AT&T store said she could do that for me. I just wanted to know about warranty exchange if I needed it. Good to know I can at Apple Store.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
Upgrading one line in our family plan right now. Is it best to go to AT&T? I was checking the websites and Apple has the phone I want, but AT&T store may not have it in stock right now. Can Apple Store upgrade just one line and keep our current plan?

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
When the iPhone 5 came out both my bf and myself got one. (I had to wait almost a month for the funds...)

However, he went to the AT&T store while I went to the Apple Store. He has a single line plan while I have a family plan...

I was able to upgrade my line without any changes (I have the old 2 GB data plan that's no longer available). I went in, picked it up, and voila. No issues at all.

Par_T

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
When the iPhone 5 came out both my bf and myself got one. (I had to wait almost a month for the funds...)

However, he went to the AT&T store while I went to the Apple Store. He has a single line plan while I have a family plan...

I was able to upgrade my line without any changes (I have the old 2 GB data plan that's no longer available). I went in, picked it up, and voila. No issues at all.

Thanks. A couple of questions:

Were they able to upgrade only your line, and the other lines on your family plan were still able to keep their upgrades? My husband doesn't want to upgrade right now and we are on the same 2GB data plan (per phone) on a family plan and I wanted to be sure we kept our plan.

Did you just walk in to the store or did you order on-line and set up in the store?

Thanks in advance.

applefanboi

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. A couple of questions:

Were they able to upgrade only your line, and the other lines on your family plan were still able to keep their upgrades? My husband doesn't want to upgrade right now and we are on the same 2GB data plan (per phone) on a family plan and I wanted to be sure we kept our plan.

Did you just walk in to the store or did you order on-line and set up in the store?

Thanks in advance.

I ordered online (when the apple store had the overnight reserve.) only my line was effected, the other line still kept its upgrade schedule as normal. (My phone was the only one eligible for upgrade; I previously upgraded the 2nd line to an iPhone 4 in the middle of the year at the AT&T store and that also didn't effect my line at the time.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2