looking at getting either the Iphone 5 or Galaxy S4

bsmithphoto13

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, I am in the market for a second phone. As of now I use a Blackberry Z10 as my main phone and am now looking for something to accompany it. Before you say anything about what Im using, I am very happy with it and am not getting rid of it. I have owned every Iphone from the 3G to the 5 and have enjoyed them all. I have also owned a few androids in the past as well (HTC One X and Galaxy S3). I am currently looking for something that will be more of a play device, good for apps, camera and just killing time. My main concerns are battery life and knowing that there will probably be a 5s coming out later this year. Saying that, I have an upgrade to use now and two more coming up in August.

Right now I am looking at getting either the Iphone 5 or Galaxy S4. I had purchased the HTC One and liked it but the phone seemed to get warm when using it even lightly and made my hand sweat ( I know... gross... haha).

I am posting this in both this forum and one on android central and would like some honest opinions from people who might have used both and have decided which is right for them.

Any help with be greatly appreciated!

bsmithphoto13

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I've had the s4 and iPhone 5. I'm back with my iPhone 5. Galaxy s4 was too laggy for me. Touch wiz is a mess.

I've heard about them being laggy, how bad was it? I don't mind dealing with a little lag here and there but don't want to have to Ne waiting for it to do anything and everything.

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
This will probably not help you but I will say it anyway :)

I have both IPhone 5 and S4, love them both but I like my S4 just a liiiiittle bit more thanks to the widgets. Use the S4 at work and IPhone private. I really love the widgets, I have calendar and mail widget on my start screen so I won't have to click on anything to see for example my next appointment and new emails.

I don't think S4 is laggy at all by the way.

I like both my phones but in different ways.

Sent from my phone with Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Ok guys, I am in the market for a second phone. As of now I use a Blackberry Z10 as my main phone and am now looking for something to accompany it. Before you say anything about what Im using, I am very happy with it and am not getting rid of it. I have owned every Iphone from the 3G to the 5 and have enjoyed them all. I have also owned a few androids in the past as well (HTC One X and Galaxy S3). I am currently looking for something that will be more of a play device, good for apps, camera and just killing time. My main concerns are battery life and knowing that there will probably be a 5s coming out later this year. Saying that, I have an upgrade to use now and two more coming up in August.

Right now I am looking at getting either the Iphone 5 or Galaxy S4. I had purchased the HTC One and liked it but the phone seemed to get warm when using it even lightly and made my hand sweat ( I know... gross... haha).

I am posting this in both this forum and one on android central and would like some honest opinions from people who might have used both and have decided which is right for them.

Any help with be greatly appreciated!

You mentioned you are considering either the iPhone 5 or the Galaxy S4. Why did you get rid of the iPhone 5 that you previously owned? You did say that you've owned & enjoyed "every iPhone from the 3G to the 5". :D

Anyway, since you've owned and enjoyed the iPhone 5 previously, you're posting in the iPhone 5 forum and the iPhone 5 is one of the two choices you're considering buying, I think you should go ahead and get the iPhone 5...:)

pommie82

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
why dont you just buy a iPod touch save having a another phone on contract or on pay as you go then you would have another device to play with just to make your life easier then you wouldn't have to worry about connections or anything like that a iPod touch can work anywhere and have no problems at all

just thought that would be a good option

hope that helps you in making a decision

pommie

Sent from my iPad mini using Tapatalk HD

Lordings

May 26, 2013
Visit site
Well I have both the Iphone 5 and the Galaxy S4 if you are looking for a phone that has complete functionality widgets customization and similarities to a PC than go with the Galaxy s4 but it does tend to get really warm or hot after long continuous use playing games, found that out while gaming, but if you want something that is IOS based simple to use and pretty much is good for music and gaming not as versatile and customizable than go with the Iphone 5 I use my Iphone 5 for gaming and music my Galaxy S4 my main phone is for business and everyday usage.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I would say get the iPhone 5 because it is a no hassle device. I am a smartphone addict and have had a lot of devices and the iPhone 5 is by far my favorite. I rarely think about switching to other phones since getting the iPhone 5. With anything else, I am ready to switch to something new within a month.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I switched from my iphone 5 to the Galaxy S4 and Well. I just sold my galaxy s4 to my brother. I thought it would be fun but in the end it wasn't all that at least for me. Mine had some stutter. Nothing major by any means but enough to bother me. The camera was awesome and the screen was amazing as well. In the end though I just couldn't stay with it. Between the stutter, the lack of certain apps I used and the keypad was horrible was enough for me to throw in the towel and yes I did use swift key as well but still couldn't get used to it. I'll wait for ios7 and the next iPhone I suppose.

Or maybe try the Xphone 😄 or whatever that's called when that releases lol. .

Haseeb Rehman

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Look here. If you want a phone for gaming, quality apps and no lag then iphone 5 is the right deal for you.
Now if you need a phone which you can customise and tamper with all the wish washy functions including air gestures then I'd suggest you better get an android phone. Most probably s4

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Touchwiz sucks and ruins the user experience. Plus I dislike the Samsung plastic. The stock android S4 looks tempting but it is still Samsung...

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Touchwiz sucks and ruins the user experience. Plus I dislike the Samsung plastic. The stock android S4 looks tempting but it is still Samsung...

I agree wouldn't say sucks but definitely not for me. Ended up switching almost everything. Used Nova launcher instead of TW. Swift key instead of the the stock keypad. It's cool you can customize everything though but sucks you have to just to get a better experience out of the box. At least for me.

carraser891

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I would either get the S4 or wait for the next iPhone. Forget what people are saying about the S4 being laggy (especially on here). The S4 is the fastest phone on the market and leaves the iPhone 5 in the dust...

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
While I haven't had much experience in recent incarnations of Android (and I know it has improved vastly over the past couple of years), I always felt like I spent more time tinkering with the Android interface to "perfect" it to my likes than I did actually using to get things done. When I was in IT support, the iPhones had far fewer issues than the Android based devices. Whether this was because of the users using them, I can't say with absolute certainty, but I did appreciate how easy it was to help those with iPhones. In the end, the phone is a personal choice. If you're at least fairly technical and love to tinker with interfaces, etc., then an Android is probably a better fit. (Also if you're fully invested in the Google infrastructure.) If you appreciate the solid construction of the iPhone (usually) and the quality of apps, etc., then an iPhone may still be the right device for you.

Addendum: Also, I was turned off of the S4 because of the lack of free space on a new device. I understand they're packing it full of their apps, OS elements, etc., but taking up nearly half the 16GB seems a little extreme. And even with a microSD card, you can really only install music, store pics there. Apps still have to be installed to the main memory. (And I have a bit of an app addition.)

anon(1733)

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I would either get the S4 or wait for the next iPhone. Forget what people are saying about the S4 being laggy (especially on here). The S4 is the fastest phone on the market and leaves the iPhone 5 in the dust...

I would not just forget what others say. Pay a visit to android central. The proposed "lag" is well documented and stated. Tapping the search bar in the browser and yes even chrome is delayed. Opening and closing apps can be slow as well as others. Now the iPhone is not perfect either. No phone is. The galaxy can be further optimized with software updates when they come. That's the key though. When they come.

But to say forget what others say is never sound advice. Each person should listen to others reviews I read reviews on everything I buy. Then each person should decide for themselves which device works best for them. Everyone is different with different tastes and needs.

ItsMrMark

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
The G4 has become too bloated, I'd buy a 5 over the G4. Now with the rumors of the HTC One "Google Edition" coming out, I'd be tempted to buy that one!

Last edited:

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I see this question pop up everywhere and I don't mean in forums.. But even from my own friends and family.. I think it just all depends on you and what you look for in a phone.. In my opinion I not saying that the galaxy phone is not good just I feel it's to big and the screen there is so much going on at once and their system and App Store n stuff is not for me.. I picked the iPhone 5 because I like the size and the build of the phone.. The screen is perfect for me their iOS is simple but yet does everything that I need to get done n it's fast n smooth.. But that's just me.. Test out both phones in the store and then you will have a better decision on which phone u would like

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I agree. Try the phones somewhere and which one you like the most. Pick the the one that suits you.

I have them both and I like the equally but in different ways. I don't have any lagg in my S4, it run as smoothly as the IPhone 5. I really like the way I can personalise S4 and make it mine. I miss that in Iphone.

Skickat med Tapatalk

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Just took the S4 back today. Honestly cannot say one thing bad about it. Not one. But, in the end my trusty little iphone 5 and IOS are better for me. The beauty of choice :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh