Leaving Tmobile to go back to Verizon

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

just wanted to share my experience.

About 1 month ago I left Verizon to go to Tmobile, I use to work for both carriers so I already knew Tmobile wasnt the best coverage wise. I thought I would save a few bucks and get unlimited data so the trade off wouldnt be that bad (I used about 2gb on the head each month and VZW kept hitting me with overage for going over like 50.mb)

Well let me tell you YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. I am in the Atlanta area and every carrier has good coverage outdoors, but Indoors lol thats another story.

In my apartment I literally get 1 bar/No Service, have had times my girlfriend or mother would say they tried to call me and I got no notification. At work there is no service indoors but with Verizon I would sometimes get 1-2 bars at my desk on 2g which is enough to at least send text. With Tmobile I got zero service what do ever.

All in all I intially went to tmobile on their 30 dollar prepaid but quickly after going over the 100 min 3 times I went to the 70 dollar unlimited, with me going to the 70 dollar unlimited I realized instead of saving the intial 60 bucks amonth I normally would have now I was only saving 20-30 bucks. Not worth it. Verizon sucks with their policys but its undeniable their coverage is amazing and their LTE roll out will be complete end of year. I just threw my iPhone 5 on Ebay and I will be going into the store to pick up a new one in the Morning, I`m going to go ahead and get it on contract and use the profit from my Tmobile Iphone to pay for the VZW one and the next bill since a new line always causes a big bill. I`ll just sell my VZW iphone 5 when the 5s drops and pay the difference (what I always do when I dont have an upgrade)

At the end of the day The Grass isnt always greener on the other side.

lol

bunjy

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
You did the right thing. If you don't get good coverage, the phone is useless. This is true for any of the carriers, not just T-Mo.

mainevent3405

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Funny, I live in Atl and have had my iphone for 2 months using Tmo and their $50 prepaid plan (phone purchased directly from apple). Not ONE dropped call in 2 months and I am in my office more than I am at home and I work in a 5 story office bldg. Whatever works for you but $50 a month flat works just fine for me. I get both 4g and LTE depending on where I am. I've had Tmo prepaid since it came out and as of early last year with a promotion I lucked into get 2.5gb of data at high speeds (which I never use) and it doesn't cost me a dime more. You can keep Verizon and Atnt with their high, charge-for-every-single-feature service plans!

IAmSixNine

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Yup. Location Location Location.
At my office Sprint / Verizon barely get a bar of service. ATT / TMO get almost full bars.
I my self left Sprint (after 11 years) to TMO, been with TMO for 5 months how and for me the grass IS greener.

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
At my office Sprint / Verizon barely get a bar of service. ATT / TMO get almost full bars.
I my self left Sprint (after 11 years) to TMO, been with TMO for 5 months how and for me the grass IS greener.

lol Trust me I would have loved to stay with Tmo, but it was unreal how horrible it was for me, and I put up with it for a month. The thing with VZW I like is they will be done with their LTE by year end and they are about to begin working on LTE-Advance.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Agreed about location, but I have sprint and rarely have any issues and have a great package. So it works for me.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
where i live, and surrounding cities, i'd rather use nothing than be with Sprint again

and that's Real talk.

zeteo

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
In my experience I have found best service from VZW or AT&T. I have found VZW provides much more courteous and knowledgable.

ups925

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I have Verizon and got 25+mbs download speed at work. In February I got moved to another part of the building and get bad reception. Always have voice but 4g and 3G only work in certain parts. I'm assuming it has to do with the fact that its on the first floor and has multiple concrete walls barring my reception. It's the worst and drains my battery. On my days off I can use my phone all day and end at 70% battery by night time. On work days it's at 20-40% by the same time.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
This old gem of a discussion...

Location is key. Where I live and work, T-Mobile is the best out of all the carriers. In fact Verizon is worse out of the major guys.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Since I have an unlocked AT&T iPhone 5 I thought I'd test out t-mo here in western burbs of Cleveland and it was impressive until I went to my fitness center and dropped to one bar ... Which is less than a 1/4 mi from where I live - right off the hwy .. I popped the AT&T sim back in 4-5 bars as always... I see why AT&T is ranked best carrier in Cleveland ... So I dumped t-mo and will stay with AT&T ... They have some work to do lol

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile will give you a free signal booster for your house if you have signal outside but not inside or not good signal inside. I have accounts with Verizon and T-Mobile, I get better and faster signal with T-Mobile. The signal booster works fantastic, call and ask for loyalty dept. you will be amazed. You will get 5 bars all the time.
Vinny

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile will give you a free signal booster for your house if you have signal outside but not inside or not good signal inside. I have accounts with Verizon and T-Mobile, I get better and faster signal with T-Mobile. The signal booster works fantastic, call and ask for loyalty dept. you will be amazed. You will get 5 bars all the time.
Vinny
How many are they going to provide him? Apparently it's not just his house that he's having the problem with?

cashmereesquire

May 25, 2013
Visit site
How many are they going to provide him? Apparently it's not just his house that he's having the problem with?

Exactly, and I live in an apartment and I believe Tmo only provides them free/discounted if you live in a house. I was only saving 30-40 bucks, and I feel like if I`m paying 100+ bucks for service I shouldnt have to have extra gadgets to make something work.

Dark_Blu

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
This is good to know, as I had T-Mobile under consideration. I'm on Sprint and won't be leaving them any time soon, so I know I'd end up turning LTE off on an iPhone 5s here in Atlanta, due to Sprint not having much in the way of LTE here in ATL. Just waiting to see what Apple brings around upgrade time in October.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I have a T-Mobile iPhone 5, white with 64 gb of int memory. Just got it unlocked thru T-Mobile. My phone will work anywhere and on more Carriers than any iPhone. The T-Mobile version has more radios built in than all other iPhones. Another good reason to buy a T-Mobile version, unlocked it gives you more choices. T-Mobile in my area blows all other Carriers away, sick data speeds with great battery life on their HSPA+ Network.
Vinny

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods