YouTube app only HD with wifi

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
No, jclisenby McTube is not a jb app I downloaded it from the official app store, I don't have jb on my iPhone. Maybe you are thinking about MxTube which is a cydia app.

That is a great looking app. Being able to change the quality of your playback video is big. It's too damn bad there is no side loading in IOS, I would have that app loaded up so fast. Maybe the developer will put it back up, Hope so, I have tried many of the apps but none give the ability to change the playback quality like that one does. There are a couple that will let you change the download cache but not the instant playback. Thanks for the information.
Vinny

Hi Vinny!
After reading this I went back to the app store and you are right, the app is not there anymore there used to be the lite and the pro version. Seems like it has been removed from the AppStore (people at macrumors are wondering the same thing) which is weird since they released an update not long ago, they also stated that they were removing the cache ability due to Google and Apple request, maybe that's why.

I'm uploading a couple of pics to show you.

View attachment 31196

View attachment 31197

A you can see I'm not on wifi and it gives me different video quality options up to 1080p.
It's a bummer they pulled it out!

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprint and T-Mobile LTE are both quite a bit slower than AT&T and Verizon. Sprint and T-Mo users generally don't get much higher than 15-20. On AT&T and Verizon, users regularly get 30+. It's just the difference in the networks.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Gotcha sprint has a nice price though..

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm averaging 10-12mbps and performance is rock solid. Considering nearly everyone here is using an S3 lately, so I know it's being used, I'd say that's decent.

In miller park with thousands and thousands of users I get 40+

Sent from my iPad 4 using Tapatalk HD

Sniper1087

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
On my Galaxy S3, you can have HD selected, but I've never had it play in HD while on a cellular network. I just tried it on our newly lit up LTE network, where I'm seeing speeds faster than my home wifi, and it still only plays in SD.

ok if you go to settings on android it allows you to play high quality on mobile, so yes you can play HD on the S3 if you had the option checked., i hope they add the feature on iOS

Last edited:

Faisal Butt

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Linsiris:
Thanks alot! your recommendation works like a charm, the official youtube app was driving me crazy since it doesnt have the quality selection option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2