Calendar (badge icon)

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
No matter how I set up the notifications on my Calendar the badge icon doesn't work or show up when I miss event. Am I not setting my Calendar notification up right? The top banner and the alert in lock screen all works perfectly but the Calendar app doesn't have a number on it when I miss the event. Does the calendar app ever give a number on the app when you miss the event??? I hope I made sense in trying to explain my point. Love this phone, being with Android for so long and still own many of the top Android phones I really enjoy the iPhone 5.
Thanks,
Vinny

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Vinny you explained yourself fine. Even though it does say that the Native calendar app has a badge alert and as long as you have to "ON" it should give you a notification but to tell you the truth I have all my calendar events set to notify me an hour before the event so I rarely miss anything to notice a badge. I have however noticed that some apps even though they have badge alerts I notice they don't give a notification so this may be the case here.

Hopefully someone else can come in and if different show you a screenshot with the badge number.

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Vinny you explained yourself fine. Even though it does say that the Native calendar app has a badge alert and as long as you have to "ON" it should give you a notification but to tell you the truth I have all my calendar events set to notify me an hour before the event so I rarely miss anything to notice a badge. I have however noticed that some apps even though they have badge alerts I notice they don't give a notification so this may be the case here.

Hopefully someone else can come in and if different show you a screenshot with the badge number.

I set my reminder 30 minutes ahead of the event so I have never missed one either but I set the calendar up so I would miss the event and no badge on the calendar for missed event. The more I look around I can say I have never seen the calendar app with any badge # on it. Everything else in notification works as it should, just checking to make sure there wan't something I had not turned on. Thank You for your help.
Vinny

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I set my reminder 30 minutes ahead of the event so I have never missed one either but I set the calendar up so I would miss the event and no badge on the calendar for missed event. The more I look around I can say I have never seen the calendar app with any badge # on it. Everything else in notification works as it should, just checking to make sure there wan't something I had not turned on. Thank You for your help.
Vinny

I've yet to see a badge displayed on the native calendar.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
No matter how I set up the notifications on my Calendar the badge icon doesn't work or show up when I miss event. Am I not setting my Calendar notification up right? The top banner and the alert in lock screen all works perfectly but the Calendar app doesn't have a number on it when I miss the event. Does the calendar app ever give a number on the app when you miss the event??? I hope I made sense in trying to explain my point. Love this phone, being with Android for so long and still own many of the top Android phones I really enjoy the iPhone 5.
Thanks,
Vinny

Is there a calendar app that does show a badge for a missed event? I have been wondering this also as I'm looking for a way to force myself to open a calendar to clear a visible notification. I've been having some trouble lately clearing my alerts absentmindedly during other tasks and forgetting about them.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I wondered why iOS dropped the ball on something this simple it works on reminders but not Calendar

you will see missed events if your in the habit of checking your drop down notifications as they stay in there for a while

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I wondered why iOS dropped the ball on something this simple it works on reminders but not Calendar

you will see missed events if your in the habit of checking your drop down notifications as they stay in there for a while

Actually the calendar missed event in NC seems to auto clear after about 5 mins or so. Reminders on the other hand shows an app badge but, only AFTER you clear the event from NC. There doesn't seem to be a way to sync Reminders with any Calendars either which really limits its usefulness to me.

EricandSuebee

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Not to hijack this thread, but is the default calendar app used by a lot of people or have they gone to another app that just works better?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro