iPhone 5 LTE question

Danh804

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I have recently upgraded to a 4G contract and have noticed i am using up data faster then usual. I had a plan of 500mb on 3G before switching to a new contract and i never went over that doing general browsing (twitter facebook general social stuff) i noticed i loaded one page on facebook with maybe 3-4 pictures and i went from using 57 mb to using 80... Is that normal or not, if its a silly question apologies but if not let me know as i am constantly checking and feeling paranoid. My current contract is 1.75 gig i just dont want to exceed that over the month! So basically do you use more data loading regular pages on 4G then you do on 3G? I understand streaming would but browsing...

noaim

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
When browsing Internet the picture size is the picture size regardless of 3G or 4g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When you have a faster data service (like LTE), you will almost always use more data because you'll browse more things given the connection speed...LTE does not use more data than 3G/4G and there isn't really an "efficiency" difference so to speak, it just loads faster.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Well I think 4g is just faster and depending on the resolution of your phone like an ip5 would use more data the ip4 from my experience but 4g network is much faster and more smooth especially on an ip5.. And I know it does uses up alot of data depend on how you use your phone.. I usually use Facebook, Instagram n iMessage sometimes facetime and etc and never use wifi cause I have 6gb on my plan and the most I use in a month is a lol bit over 2gb in a month

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I think 4g is just faster and depending on the resolution of your phone like an ip5 would use more data the ip4 from my experience but 4g network is much faster and more smooth especially on an ip5.. And I know it does uses up alot of data depend on how you use your phone.. I usually use Facebook, Instagram n iMessage sometimes facetime and etc and never use wifi cause I have 6gb on my plan and the most I use in a month is a lol bit over 2gb in a month

Has nothing to do with resolution...if you open a 50mb picture on 4G, the same picture will open with the same amount of data used on LTE. If you watch an HD streamed video on Netflix on 4G, the same amount of data will be used over LTE...the only difference in this is that if you watch videos on higher quality settings, obviously you'll use more data, but this has nothing to do with the kind of network you're on, as you can set video streaming sites (most times) to the quality you prefer. Will these sites automatically upgrade quality on LTE? Yes...but if you watch the same quality video over both types of data network, the same amount of data will be used.

As was said before, because of the faster speeds of LTE, you might find yourself watching more videos because you can load them up faster, and this will obviously use more data...but punch for punch, 3G/4G and LTE do not have a usage difference, only the end user controls that.

Guacho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
it loads faster, this means you'll have more time on your hands.. 99.9% of us will spend that time using the phone even more... =)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2