Votes: 30 46.2%
  • I've had to swap 4+ times

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I've seen many people on social media sites like twitter saying they've had to exchange their iPhone 5 many times. Many 5+ times. My wife and I received our iPhone 5's on release date and we both still on our original. I'm wondering if people are actually having that many problems or are just being ridiculous about their swaps?

Have you swapped? Or no?

dc9super80

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
I haven't maybe its because i have a 4s. :) But a friend of mine ended up with a problem with the home button that stopped functioning. Ido know others who have iPhones that haven't given problems.

iPhone and Tapatalk 2 = Great Stuff

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had to replace mine 1 time. The screen would freeze up and wouldn't let me hit the end call or swap when a call was coming in. My replacement works great!

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Bought 16GB black in January
Exchanged for a 32GB black a week later
Exchanged for a 32GB white a week later
Sold 32GB white on Craigslist cuz I needed the T-mobile version
Bought 32GB White Tmobile version

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I did once phone stopped getting signal had to get new phone and sim

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

sectionsix

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Swapped my Tmo iPhone 5 once so far, it had a dead pixel two weeks after I got it. I was in and out of the Apple Store in 15min. =)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I've seen many people on social media sites like twitter saying they've had to exchange their iPhone 5 many times. Many 5+ times. My wife and I received our iPhone 5's on release date and we both still on our original. I'm wondering if people are actually having that many problems or are just being ridiculous about their swaps?

Have you swapped? Or no?

Hey Garz. It's good to see in you in the forums again, sir. It's been a while. :) Now in regard to your question, I would like to believe that the people who are having problems with their iPhones really do have problems, but I do find it difficult to accept sometimes especially when I've yet to have problems with it, the 4S or the 3GS that I've owned and used. Heck, I don't recall having any technical problems with any phone I've ever owned.

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Both Mr. Laelipoo and I had to swap once time each. His power button stopped working, and I had the screen popping issue. We only had one bad one though; our current ones are fine.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Me I got my iPhone 5 in November when the second batch of iPhone 5 was released and I have never had no problem with the phone and it's still brand new till this day

Danh804

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I replaced mine 5 times this is my 6th i had to go to an apple store to finally get a decent one! First few came with hardware problems or later developed! My last one had a horrible sound when i shook it like something was loose i researched it and read it was normal yet got a new one with no sound at all....

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Got mine in December and had to swap it out because the phone just died and would not come on or take a charge. took it to apple and they said they don't know why it happened and gave me a new one. I really wanted to know if my charger went bad and fried it cause the changed the battery anditstill wouldn't come on so it tossed the charge I was using just in case.

03_CTD

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Nope. I picked up two in November and both are still the original phones with absolutely no issues whatsoever.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't had to swap. I've experienced no problems. Although, lately I've been finding dead pixels which are an annoyance when looking closely at the screen, or when I'm viewing something with a white or light background...

Blazer50

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Got mine on launch day. Swapped it a week later due to discoloration on display. That one lasted me until April, had to swap again, my home button and power button completely stopped working.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73