Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

285 Posts
    Global Posts
    349 Global Posts

Question Does 2G internet (EDGE) works on iPhone 5 running Plug n' Play Gevey sim?

I have an iPhone 5 which is currently locked to vodafone UK. It comes with a plug and play gevey sim which works really well. No signals issue or anything. I'm using 2G network for texting/calling because there is no 3G network in my country (Poor lads).
    So I was wondering if I can use EDGE or 2G sim internet on my gevey iPhone 5? If yes, then please tell me the procedure to enable it.

P.S Cellular data is turned ON and Data Roaming is turned OFF at the moment. What do I need to enable the sim internet?

Default Re: Does 2G internet (EDGE) works on iPhone 5 running Plug n' Play Gevey sim?

Assisting you is important to us and there are times when the members of this community who can best provide you with assistance to your particular issue or concern may not be available at the time of your post so please be patient while awaiting a reply. In the meantime, feel free to peruse the various sections of the iMore forum as well as the iMore Blog and check back periodically for a reply to your post. Thank you.