I suspect my son peed on my phone *yeah he did! *

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Now I can't hear sounds and even calls. I noticed when I found it between the chair cushions it was wet there but the phone wasnt really wet. I didn't notice til I made a call. This happened earlier today. Can I still do rice when I get back from carpool and the store?

Last edited:

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: I suspect my son peed on my phone

Now I can't hear sounds and even calls. I noticed when I found it between the chair cushions it was wet there but the phone wasnt really wet. I didn't notice til I made a call. This happened earlier today. Can I still do rice when I get back from carpool and the store?
Well I have not heard that one before and I suppose you could try the rice trick. Look in all the ports to make sure you see white which would indicate NO water of any kind entered. Then just keep an eye on it as you continue to use it.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

You could try the rice trick... or go to a craft store and get some desiccant used for flower drying... My hope is you have insurance or AppleCare if the rice/desiccant doesn't work.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I thought y'all would enjoy it. We're p/ting and he loves my phone! I have insurance through my wireless provider since AppleCare doesn't cover theft. However I have had this device for maybe a couple mos bc it slid into a cup of water while I was cooking and looking at Pinterest. *sigh*

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site

Sounds like the little man was literally "pissed". What happened? He didn't get the snack he wanted for lunch? Lol. Hope the rice trick works for ya.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site

Most of the times water damage can be fixed with rice and battery replacements, but again that depends on how bad and long long it sat in water and if the rust started on the boards and connectors.

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

So when I got back I turned it off and put it in rice. Then I remembered the case needing to be replaced screen protector. I found pee in the case....yay......its a bag of brown rice I had. Ive never done it before. I didnt think there was much to it but then I hear folks having success. So what do I do now? Leave it the rest of the night? Take it out tomorrow? Leave it? I was trying to check the ports. I dont see any other color than white. Except the one for the lightining pin. Its metallic and white. Do they turn color? Seems I heard that....thanks so much for you help. And I guess you have a free laugh on me though I am the only one who is not.

ktez

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site

Sorry I am laughing a little at the topic, but as a mom I understand how this kind of thing happens. I've never actually had a kid pee on my phone yet, but several years ago my teenage daughter was using my phone while eating a bowl of ice cream and she dropped it into the melted ice cream. Needless to say, it never worked again!

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

So when I got back I turned it off and put it in rice. Then I remembered the case needing to be replaced screen protector. I found pee in the case....yay......its a bag of brown rice I had. Ive never done it before. I didnt think there was much to it but then I hear folks having success. So what do I do now? Leave it the rest of the night? Take it out tomorrow? Leave it? I was trying to check the ports. I dont see any other color than white. Except the one for the lightining pin. Its metallic and white. Do they turn color? Seems I heard that....thanks so much for you help. And I guess you have a free laugh on me though I am the only one who is not.

I would do the rice trick let it dry out put in rice no case just bare phone although a lot of people are against it I have even used a hair dryer to dry out a couple of phone and it worked I just gave it short one min bursts and then stop and repeated a couple times this worked when bestbuy got water in my ear piece while putting on my zagg screen protector

Sent from my iPhone 5 from a galaxy far far away (in the USA ) using Tapatalk !

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

Leave it in the rice for 24 hours or until it appears dry. Good luck!

blessed2bamommie

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site

I left it in til I had to leave til carpool this pm. Hoping to switch it on and hear my get ready to leave for carpool alarm. I did!!!!! I called DH and he could hear me. I went to charge & a grain of rice was lodged in the port but I managed to get it out! Thanks for the support. I'm awfully motivated to shop for a tablet for Granny that she wanted get for him.

spark032207#WN

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site

Haha it's awesome that the rice trick worked! I know it works for water--didn't think it'd work for urine because of the acidity. Hopefully you won't have issues in the future!

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad it worked out for you. And people, please keep posting in this thread. I love cracking up every time I see the title about a phone getting peed on. Lol. But seriously, I'm glad you got it fixed and sorry you had the trouble!

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

mulasien

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

/obligatory /Triumph the insult dog

"FOR ME TO PEE ON!"

.....that's all I got :D

(yes, I know he says 'p-o-o-p (lol autocensor?), I modified it)

Good OL MC

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

I'm glad that the phone is working properly again. Yeesh.

I can't quite think of a worse fate for a device than death by urine.

07GD SFD

May 21, 2011
Visit site

Instead of creating a new topic I'll add to this one since the situations are very similar.

My phone was recently submerged in some *ahem* water for about 10-15 seconds. The earpiece and speakers stopped working but the screen was fine and everything functioned. I put it in a bag of rice while I filed my insurance claim to get a replacement. As luck would have it, about 12 hours after I had it in rice, it started working again. However I'm due to receive my replacement today. My question is- should I keep the original one, save myself the deductible money and hope for the best? Or should I just go through with the replacement in case some issues pop up later?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234