Help with Notifications, Please

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I am needing to allow Phone AND Text messages to come through during the night. I thought Do Not Disturb allowed both but it will only allow Phone calls from the the group that I allow. Does anyone have a work around or an idea of how to turn off all notifications except Phone and Text?

Thanks,

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I am needing to allow Phone AND Text messages to come through during the night. I thought Do Not Disturb allowed both but it will only allow Phone calls from the the group that I allow. Does anyone have a work around or an idea of how to turn off all notifications except Phone and Text?

Thanks,

Short of going into your settings menu and then notification and removing EVERYTHING except phone calls and text... NO there is no other way. Unless you just decide to use the Do Not Disturb and let the calls come through as it was designed and let the text go.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Unless there is a jailbreak tweak for it, I'm unaware of a workaround for what you are wanting to do.

anon(631408)

May 27, 2010
Visit site
That is what I thought but I need the text messages to come through because I am on call and they send the text messages or call. Right now I have limited anything that has notifications so when I go into settings all I have to do is change email. Maybe on the next upgrade of the iOS they will offer text messages - I can only hope.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That is what I thought but I need the text messages to come through because I am on call and they send the text messages or call. Right now I have limited anything that has notifications so when I go into settings all I have to do is change email. Maybe on the next upgrade of the iOS they will offer text messages - I can only hope.

I understand and, although a bit of an inconvenience, what you're doing is sufficient...:)...Anyway, I, too, hope that iOS 7 brings a few changes to the Do Not Disturb feature.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You could assign your text tone as a silent tone, and assign something with sound to wherever your work texts come from.

estroh

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
What I do is turn on Do Not Disturb so I get emergency and on call calls. Texts can come from various numbers for me so can't allow them and limit friends and family from texting.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
What I do is turn on Do Not Disturb so I get emergency and on call calls. Texts can come from various numbers for me so can't allow them and limit friends and family from texting.

But doesn't the OP want texts to come through?

revtech

Sep 27, 2012
Visit site
Easiest fix imo may be for the op to explain to his/her work associates that if its urgent they need to *call* at night instead of texting if possible . . Just a thought

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73