Iphone 5 is great,,, and so is the Galaxy S4

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
So I was wondering if there are others that like me love the iphone 5 while at the same time love the GS4 and consider both phones to be amazing phones in their own right.

Me,, a long time iphone junkie since day one,,, and now I'm rockin the GS4,, their are things I miss about my ip5 and if I went back to it there would be things I would miss about my GS4.

There is a real good chance that when the next iphone 5s or 6 comes out I might get one of those (depending on the features and upgrades),,,,, I bounce between Android and Apple and have never really understood that fanboy'isim for one brand over another.

Going back and forth between both phones is much more fun and interesting than being locked into one brand for better or worse.

Anyhow,,,, I was just curious how many others there are out there that like both the GS4 and the ip5.

Cheers
Davyo

androidluvr2

Mar 30, 2013
Visit site
So I was wondering if there are others that like me love the iphone 5 while at the same time love the GS4 and consider both phones to be amazing phones in their own right.
I don't have a GS4, but I have a GNex and an iPhone 5. I gave the iPhone 5 to my mom but I am the one who had to set it up, install apps and teach her how to use it so I am quite familiar with iOS

I really like her phone, except for the screen size. And I really like my phone, except for the sucky radios/antenna.

tgp

Trusted Member
Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I've been using an iPhone 5 alongside my Nexus 4 for the past month or so. I like to think of myself as "OS agnostic" and I've become much more so since using flagship iOS & Android devices. Since Jelly Bean on Android, the bad rap they've taken in the past for instability & lag is a thing of the past. I've told people that stability & smoothness is now no reason to choose one platform over the other. Personal preference is what I would say is a reason to choose, or possibly a certain feature that one might have over the other. I also used a Lumia 920, and I would have to say the WP8 is not ready to run with the big dogs yet. It needs time. The problem is, for every step forward WP makes, Android & iOS take 2 steps.

wolfedude88

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I constantly switch back and forth between android and iOS. I honestly love both.

I haven't given wp8 a fair shot yet, I used a Nokia for a while with wp7 and while it was nice it just didn't have enough apps at the time.

I will try it again sometime in the future.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
From what I hear over at AC the SGS4 is a very good phone and I also know many people who are dual platform like you and many others. With me it has always been my preference for only one phone platform and that is the iPhone 4S I have now and will upgrade when a significant new iPhone comes out.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Some of the fanboy'ism, as you call it, relates to investment into the OS. Ultimately, the devs make both platforms less than Apple or Google. The apps they create have a big impact on how much you enjoy the phone. Once the user buys a group of apps, they are less likely to want to switch and need to repurchase the apps again. You can see this with iOS users that don't want to purchase both the iPad and iPhone version of an app that doesn't include support for both devices and opts to release an "HD" version instead.

As you've stated, both phones are solid solutions. Switching between the two is a lateral change. Why re-invest into software for a change that doesn't offer benefit?

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Some of the fanboy'ism, as you call it, relates to investment into the OS. Ultimately, the devs make both platforms less than Apple or Google. The apps they create have a big impact on how much you enjoy the phone. Once the user buys a group of apps, they are less likely to want to switch and need to repurchase the apps again. You can see this with iOS users that don't want to purchase both the iPad and iPhone version of an app that doesn't include support for both devices and opts to release an "HD" version instead.

As you've stated, both phones are solid solutions. Switching between the two is a lateral change. Why re-invest into software for a change that doesn't offer benefit?

Good points,,,,,, I guess I don't think about the apps that much because I'm not a real heavy app user so I'm not hugely invested in one platform over another.

I have apps on my iPad that I feel work the best for iOS, apps on my Nexus 10 tab and apps for my GS4 that work best for each device needs.

As some one that uses both Android and iOS I will say that my ipad is still my tablet of choice,,,, while my Nexus is a good tab the ipad still blows every other tablet away.

IPhone 5 vs My GS4,,,, that's we're I think the iPhone has some catchin up to do,,,,, but the competition does make things interesting,,, I'm dying to see what Apple offers up next to compete against the GS4.

Cheers
Davyo

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the s4 and the iPhone 5, I'm incredibly torn on which to keep. Both are amazing and I wish I could keep both but I can't. Such a hard decision :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

SixStringMadness

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a BlackBerry Z10 and an iPhone 5.

Very much prefer to use the Z10, where there are some apps obviously, that I can use on the iPhone, not available on the Z10.

fredriks

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I have them both and I love them. Two great phones is what it is but in different ways.

Sent from my phone with Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Both devices are great in their own right and for those who enjoy using both, good for them. I don't recall any law that states you have to like only one device....:)

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I do like all the widgets and customization u can do with galaxy phones but I prefer to be with iPhone as I am currently using iPhone 5.. I am not really into android phones

Davyo

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I have the s4 and the iPhone 5, I'm incredibly torn on which to keep. Both are amazing and I wish I could keep both but I can't. Such a hard decision :(

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Yea,,, tough decision,,,,I love my GS4, the camera and the screen are amazing,,,, but the IPhone 5 plays so nice with my iPads.

Cheers
Davyo

mainevent3405

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
I've been using an iPhone 5 alongside my Nexus 4 for the past month or so. I like to think of myself as "OS agnostic" and I've become much more so since using flagship iOS & Android devices. Since Jelly Bean on Android, the bad rap they've taken in the past for instability & lag is a thing of the past. I've told people that stability & smoothness is now no reason to choose one platform over the other. Personal preference is what I would say is a reason to choose, or possibly a certain feature that one might have over the other. I also used a Lumia 920, and I would have to say the WP8 is not ready to run with the big dogs yet. It needs time. The problem is, for every step forward WP makes, Android & iOS take 2 steps.

I guess everyone has their own opinion but I've used every variation of android since cupcake thru JB and each and every OS has lag. Not at first as you can go a good two months before it rears it's ugly head but it has NEVER failed on ANY of their OS's...the lag will be there. I am a Master Android rooter and I with each and every android I've had (and I've had EVERY tmobile android smartphone they've sold) I would end up having to root because of the lag. So it's definitely not a thing of the past. It's present. Go to XDA and read all the android fans that have the S4 and the HTC One and see what the main complaint is...LAG!

mainevent3405

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site

I've spent in the upper hundreds on android apps, and various phones accessories. Since switching to the iPhone 5 two months ago, I could really care less all the dough I've shelled out over the past 2-3 years on android products. I am VERY happy with my iPhone and don't regret the switch one bit. I was as big of an android fanboy as they come, despised the iphone and everything apple. Oddly enough I despised something I never used....till I brought my Macbook pro. From there it took me a month to decide to give the iphone a try. Can't even fathom going back to Android. With the S4 and the HTC One being released, I would have been all over them. I didn't even go to a store to look at either this time around. No need. I'm more than pleased with my iPhone and will be for the foreseeable future!

mynameis

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I had an Optimus G and man, I loved it. I am currently, of course, rocking the iPhone 5. I love the iPhone as well. So, like you, I enjoy both Android and iOS. I will probably try another Android when the next big one hits. There just hasn't been anything that makes me want to leave my iPhone right now.

Sniper1087

Nov 15, 2011
Visit site
well as for me I have used the iphone 5 next to the htc one and the s4 and to be honest on the android side the htc one performs way better than the s4, the features on the s4 made it laggy at times, and also did not work propertly, the htc one didnt have this issue and the speakers were amazing, now compared to the iphone, while it doesnt have the speakers that the htc one has, it does provide an even faster experience as well as better app quality, comparin the facebook app alone, it just clunky on android while on ios is better, there is a reason the gogle maps app on ios is updated while on android they are bringing an update to make it look like it, the apps on ios just look better, yes i know is more closed but it just gives it a more elegant look. the s4 did not feel much different than the s3 which i used as well. Yeah I am sort of a phone fanatic, i have used every single flagship that becomes available on the carrier that catches my attention, and from every platform, counting nokie lumia 920, blackberry z10 which just did not make the cut.

Last edited:

fightcrazy

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I own the iPhone 5 and several Top of the line Android devices, love them both. Can't beat the video playback on the Android, the iPhone 5 had issues with serious buffering even with very fast Data Speeds. I switch back and forth and enjoy both. Hoping the OS update on IOS will fix the video playback issues. Maybe open the OS to a good file management system. Time will tell. My problem is I enjoy good electronic devices and just can't get enough. My iPhone 5 just keeps calling my name so I can't put it down.
Vinny
Using my SGS3 on tapatalk 2

taylorz_412

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I decided to stick with the galaxy and give my dad the iPhone, will be most likely buying the next iPhone though

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW