Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree15Likes
    iMore Intermediate

395 Posts
    Global Posts
    488 Global Posts

Default Re: Iphone 5 is great,,, and so is the Galaxy S4

Quote Originally Posted by mynameis... View Post
    I also just don't like the S4. It's a very gimmicky device. Everything seems way to cluttered to me. Just not a good phone in my opinion.
    Everybody has one
    iMore Pro

704 Posts
    Global Posts
    901 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roll-tide View Post
    Everybody has one
    Everybody are sheep
    roll-tide likes this.
    iMore Beginner

56 Posts

Galaxy S4 is a great phone, I've used Android Galaxy s2, s3 for over a year & I'm pretty familiar with it but after I soft bricked my S3, I chose an iPhone 5 for a couple of reasons.

- Charging is fast by USB or plugged to the wall. My S3 would take 4 full hours to charge from 0-100% with the phone off through a wall charger!
    - In bright sunlight the s2, s3, and s4 is horrible it's way too dim because of the amoled displays. The iPhone 5 however is very bright even in bright sunlight.
    - The amoled screens on the S2,S3 and even reported S4 have a burn in problem after using it for a while as well.
    - Stock Samsung phones comes with too much bloatware no matter what carrier you have. I know you can root, put custom roms etc but not everyone is tech savy and a lot of people just want a phone to work well out of the box.
    - Location services is a mess on android, you have to enable 3 GPS to get a damn accurate reading on google maps, four square etc... On the iPhone one Location services takes care of it all and you can manually select which apps you want to have location services enabled and which ones you want off.
    - I'm a big fan of one handed usage and the iPhone 5 is a great size for it.
    - Music app just looks great in general for IOS. Everything is organized great in my opinion. The only best android alternative I used that would come even close to stock IOS music app was Poweramp.
    - IOS apps are just better developed than Android apps. On my S3 FB had crashing issue, lag issues, Instagram has loading issues on profile sometimes, FourSquare was glitchy on my S3 at times, it wouldn't read where I was at even with all the GPS ON, the newly out Android app Vine is still pretty buggy and glitchy.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123