Summer iPhone release huh?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I know this probably won't last long, but i just wanted to see where all those members are now that were just absolutely certain we'd have a new iPhone released in June/July...telling people "You'll eat your words!" and other colorful expressions...and here we are, 2nd week of May and not even a hint at any new product from Apple, much less a new iPhone coming soon.

Just sayin'... :p

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
My opinion is there will not be a newer phone this year other than the rumored "cheaper" iPhone that was said to come out. I feel this time they will skip over the "5S" and go right for the 6 toward the end of this year or beginning of next. I feel the focus is more on iOS this time around. I could be wrong here but the iPhone 5 works so well as is I just feel they've decided to focus more on the user experience hands on rather than getting a new device on the market.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
My opinion is there will not be a newer phone this year other than the rumored "cheaper" iPhone that was said to come out. I feel this time they will skip over the "5S" and go right for the 6 toward the end of this year or beginning of next. I feel the focus is more on iOS this time around. I could be wrong here but the iPhone 5 works so well as is I just feel they've decided to focus more on the user experience hands on rather than getting a new device on the market.

No offense, but that sounds just as silly as the June/July release rumor...there WILL be a new iPhone this year.

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
No offense, but that sounds just as silly as the June/July release rumor...there WILL be a new iPhone this year.

None taken, it's my opinion haha. I did say there will be a new phone this year as well if you read it again, just not the "5S" as most are hoping for. Thanks though for replying!!! :D

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I've been watching to see for years since the same thing is said every single year...and Apple's still sitting on top of the food chain.

There will be a new iPhone this year that sits above the iPhone 5 in the lineup.

You seem to contradict your own opinion a bit I might add. Your original message says that to those people who were saying "You'll eat your words" what is going on? No new developement or even a hint of a new iPhone making it seem like you have doubt of there being a new one. Now you're saying that there definitely will be a new iPhone, which is you actual opinion on the matter? Haha

Mind you I do agree with you on the matter that Apple is most certainly not losing any ground at all. If anything they seem to be moving ahead even further.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Either way, I hope something is said soon, full upgrade in July, if no 5s or 6 soon. I'm gonna want to grab the 5.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is going to offer $100 off the iPhone 5 in mid May. So I would not rule out a summer launch just yet.

Although, the iPhone 5 leaked like crazy right before it launched. We have seen no big leaks yet, just some internal pieces.

jerseykirby

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Verizon is going to offer $100 off the iPhone 5 in mid May. So I would not rule out a summer launch just yet.

Although, the iPhone 5 leaked like crazy right before it launched. We have seen no big leaks yet, just some internal pieces.

They could be jumping the gun here also, or it may be the only sign we have that a new one will launch. All in all, we only have one option here and that's to just wait and see!!!

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site

I would assume it will not be the same type of leaks and hype this year if they indeed are putting out an 'S' version. Last year we had all sorts of new parts from the charging port connector to speaker grill, location of headphone jack, elongated screen, housing material, location of front facing camera, etc. If all of that stays relatively the same on this year's release then the leaks should be minimal, even prior to launch.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
You seem to contradict your own opinion a bit I might add. Your original message says that to those people who were saying "You'll eat your words" what is going on? No new developement or even a hint of a new iPhone making it seem like you have doubt of there being a new one. Now you're saying that there definitely will be a new iPhone, which is you actual opinion on the matter? Haha

Mind you I do agree with you on the matter that Apple is most certainly not losing any ground at all. If anything they seem to be moving ahead even further.

I didn't contradict my opinion...my first post was putting light on those people who were saying the next iPhone iteration would be released in June/July...but right now we don't even have a preview of it, and we're only a few weeks away. THAT is what i was referencing. I never said anything about no new iPhone...I'd be willing to put large sums of money on a guarantee that a new upgraded iPhone model will come out this year, just not in June/July like so many were going on and on about at the beginning of the year.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Agreed BUT that is in USA. Not outside where Samsung is gaining ground. Seen some of my friends moving from IPhone to Samsung..

I understand, but hey, lots of people move around to try something different and there's nothing wrong with that. Heck, I've gone from Brick phones and flip phones, to Nextel walkie talkie phones, PDA phones & blackberry phones and then to Android & iPhones, and many other people have done the same. Right now, Samsung has the "coolest" commercials and they are creating quite a buzz without a doubt, however, you and I both know that when Apple introduces the next iPhone, all bets are off. It will create a buzz, sell millions within hours & days, despite the naysayers, and every tech mag will be posting "unpackaging" and "First Look" videos all over the 'net. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh