The 4 inch screen awesome!

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Woot! Just got a white iPhone 5, and I couldn't be happier! I literally can't put it down, and it's so fast and nice to the touch that I often use it instead of my iPad Mini...

Anyways, I sometimes use my sins iPod touch, and tried comparing the two screens. It's amazing how fast you get used to the four inch screen, and the extra half an inch really makes a difference! Am I the only one who finds the 3,5
inch screen a little cramped after using an iPhone 5?!?

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: The 4 inch screen

Congrats on the new toy!!! No you're not the only one before I got my 5 I used an iPhone 4 and that took some getting used as I had come from the Galaxy Nexus and its 4.65" screen. Enjoy your new phone it's awesome!!

Sent from the collector home world.

BenGillam

Dec 30, 2008
Visit site
Re: The 4 inch screen

Love it myself too, the extra space makes all the difference though I'm still annoyed and the number of apps who still haven't updated for new screen despite updating since iPhone 5 launch

CrackedBarry

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
Yup, the colors are amazing, without being the overblown mess they are when I hold it next to my old Samsung Galaxy S3 phone.

But even when I hold it next to my iPad mini or 4th gen iPod touch, the color reproduction is still magnificent. The blue looks more blue, the purple looks more purple, you see a bunch of shades and nuances you didn't realize we're there, looking at something as simple as just the iTunes/app store icon.

Size-vise this phone is perfect. 4.3 inches is the absolute maximum I can use with one hand, so the Galaxy Nexus I used to have was just a tad too big.

I gotta say, in so many ways the iphone5 is the phone I always wanted my many Android phones to be like.

(And there's a delightfulness and an honesty and integrity to the aluminum, the other materials and the design you just can't beat. The phone is ice old when you pick it up, then quickly gets warmed up by your hands, for example...)

spark032207#WN

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Color accuracy is good, but the competitors' are just as good now. Especially the HTC LCD screens. The LG ones I saw seemed a bit oversaturated (even though they're LCDs)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Woot! Just got a white iPhone 5, and I couldn't be happier! I literally can't put it down, and it's so fast and nice to the touch that I often use it instead of my iPad Mini...
Congratulations and I'm glad you are enjoying your new iPhone 5. I, too, enjoy the iPhone 5 very much.

Anyways, I sometimes use my sins iPod touch, and tried comparing the two screens. It's amazing how fast you get used to the four inch screen, and the extra half an inch really makes a difference! Am I the only one who finds the 3,5
inch screen a little cramped after using an iPhone 5?!?
I don't find the 3.5 inch display cramped and I don't find the 4 inch display to be uncomfortable to use either. Although there is a difference in size, the usability is still the same in my experience.

theKHMERboy

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I felt the same way when I first got the 5 coming from the 4 I like how the screen even tho it's not much of a difference but it does make a different and I like how light it is when holding now if I hold an iPhone 4 it feels like a brick to me