I think I have an addiction to smartphones....

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I've had every iteration of the iPhone but every year around this time (after MWC and big smartphone announcements) I get the itch to ditch iOS for something new. I can safely say I'm an addict of setting up new devices. It's fun for me. Here is my smartphone history just from the last two years or so:
iPhone 4>HTC EVO>HTC Thunderbolt>HTC EVO 3D>Samsung Droid Charge>Blackberry Torch 2>iPhone 4S>Samsung Galaxy Note>HTC One X>Samsung Galaxy S3>iPhone 5>Samsung Galaxy Note 2> finally back at an iPhone 5.

I love Android and iOS and so I wish I had the funds available to carry each in smartphone form but I don't. My question to everyone is do you have this problem (maybe not to this extent but...) or do you typically stick to 2 years or so per phone. Currently I can get a Galaxy S4 or HTC One for a good price and make money by selling my 32gb iPhone but I'm not sure. Anyone think I just need to stop? Lol opinions are appreciated!

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have jumped around quite a bit as well. Maybe not as much as you but I get the itch as well. I love tech so I like setting up and trying new things. Every OS offers something that I like. What I find though is that iOS is the system that works best right now with my work and family. I am really interested in BB10 and specifically the Q10 as I love the physical keyboard for pounding out emails. I just came back to the iPhone 5 from the Note 2 because of work and family integration. I also just really like the feel and experience of the iPhone and iOS. Probably because it is the most familiar to me. I think at this point I will keep my daily driver as the iPhone and use my other line when I feel like experimenting with something else. It's just fun for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Lol
Oh gosh I have the same problem. From 3 years here's how it goes.

Lg env2
Lg voyager
Lg enV touch
Lg enV
Moto Q
Blackberry curve
Blackberry storm 2
Droid 2
Droid X
Droid 2 Star Wars
Droid bionic
Droid 3
Samsung fascinate
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

Luckily right after I got my first iPhone I fell in love with the right phone :) have always dreamed of owning an iPhone and when I finally did it felt like that was the road it was leading up to, always trading up until I achieved what I wanted lol I did however trade my 4S once for a bionic. Regretted forever and ended up opening a new account just to get my iPhone again.

Lesson learned. Now I'm getting the urge to trade my iPhone 5 for a note 2 or Samsung galaxy s4 even the Z10 but I can't seem to get rid of iPhone lol I love it too much and can't see my else owning another phone.

nitinparmar1985

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Lol
Oh gosh I have the same problem. From 3 years here's how it goes.

Lg env2
Lg voyager
Lg enV touch
Lg enV
Moto Q
Blackberry curve
Blackberry storm 2
Droid 2
Droid X
Droid 2 Star Wars
Droid bionic
Droid 3
Samsung fascinate
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

Luckily right after I got my first iPhone I fell in love with the right phone :) have always dreamed of owning an iPhone and when I finally did it felt like that was the road it was leading up to, always trading up until I achieved what I wanted lol I did however trade my 4S once for a bionic. Regretted forever and ended up opening a new account just to get my iPhone again.

Lesson learned. Now I'm getting the urge to trade my iPhone 5 for a note 2 or Samsung galaxy s4 even the Z10 but I can't seem to get rid of iPhone lol I love it too much and can't see my else owning another phone.

You have all of the above handsets in 3 years?

jclisenby

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
If I could afford to buy every new iPhone, iPad, and Mac model every year, I definitely would. I would probably also have a few other smartphones just for testing and comparison. My iPhone will always be my primary.

Tappin and Talkin from my iPhone 5

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about being "addicted", but I would definitely find it difficult to go back to using a mere feature phone.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Edit: Man my responses get winded sometimes.

2000 - 2006 casual flip phones
2007 - iphone
2008 - iphone 3G
2009 - iphone 3GS
2010 - iphone 4
2011 - iphone 4S, HTC Rezound, Galaxy Nexus
2012 - Galaxy Nexus to iphone 4S to Galaxy S3 back to iphone 4S back to Galaxy S3 to iphone 5 to Galaxy Note 2 back to iphone 5
2013 - iphone 5, Galaxy S4 pre-ordered, inevitably iphone 5S (or whatever they decide to name it)

Last edited:

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I was a new device addict before the iPhone...i used to get new phones multiple times per year, and wasted so much money on the "newest" thing. Thankfully now I've kind of settled in, and the fact that i can go online and essentially get the entire user experience vicariously through blogs, reviews and owner forums, it kind of keeps me content where i am.

I do, however, find myself incapable of resisting buying the newest iPhone every year, so in that manner, i guess I"m still addicted, lol!

Dryland

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
My first smartphone in 2005 got me hooked. And my first iPhone settled me into a comfortable addiction. Here's my roadmap:

Treo 600
Treo 650
PPC 6600
Treo 750
PPC 6700
Blackberry curve (1 month)
iPhone 3G
iPhone 3GS
iPhone 4
iPhone 4S
iPhone 5

I'm sure I'm forgetting a few. But I'm totally content with the iPhone now and my addiction is manageable since a new iPhone is introduced once a year.

wendybeee

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Join the club lol ! This has been going on with me since my first smartphone. So yeah I admit it I'm addicted and I actually panic if I can't find my iPhone :rolleyes: we are like glued at the hip lol :p

Photon4glover

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry curve 8330
Blackberry pearl 8130
iPhone 1
Htc hero(CDMA)
Optimus s
Htc Evo
Evo 3d
Photon 4g(hence the name)
iPhone 4
Evo lte
iPhone 5 (white)
Galaxy s3
iPhone 5(black)
Note 2
Nexus 4
iPhone 4S
Soon to be s4, one, and or iPhone 5 ;)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Blackberry curve 8330
Blackberry pearl 8130
iPhone 1
Htc hero(CDMA)
Optimus s
Htc Evo
Evo 3d
Photon 4g(hence the name)
iPhone 4
Evo lte
iPhone 5 (white)
Galaxy s3
iPhone 5(black)
Note 2
Nexus 4
iPhone 4S
Soon to be s4, one, and or iPhone 5 ;)

Now you are truly a smartphone addict...:D

joyfulmom2

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I do too................I don't have the finances to own several phones but if I did I would. I did have the iPhone 4s and the Galaxy S3 and I would switch back and forth. I really like the S3 but I would always go back to my iPhone. So I finally traded the S3 for a iPhone 5 and don't think I'll ever go back........lol.

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
I was a new device addict before the iPhone...i used to get new phones multiple times per year, and wasted so much money on the "newest" thing. Thankfully now I've kind of settled in, and the fact that i can go online and essentially get the entire user experience vicariously through blogs, reviews and owner forums, it kind of keeps me content where i am.

I do, however, find myself incapable of resisting buying the newest iPhone every year, so in that manner, i guess I"m still addicted, lol!

I'm the same way all those phones I've had an traded with cash on top to trade up have all been to get the iPhone 4 back in 2011, I've been content with apple, it was pretty much why I had so many phones to get to this point.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Yep there are for sure some serious addicts here that would qualify for a 12 step program. :)

Me:
BlackBerry Curve 8330
BlackBerry Tour 9330
iPhone 4S and iPad 2 soon to hopefully be iPad 4 w/ retina display.

​OH I forgot the next new iPhone this summer for sure.

Les74

May 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, seriously addicted here too! It's a sickness and I feel sooooooo ashamed!

Well,not really.... 😉

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR