Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

17 Posts

Default Deleting pictures/albums through iTunes

I know I was told you had to hook up iTunes but when I hook up iTunes to delete the album I do not see any place that shows photos all it has is music. how do I delete these off my phone and can I do it through iCloud?

8,230 Posts
    Global Posts
    8,342 Global Posts

Default Re: Deleting pictures/albums

You would only have to use iTunes if you were syncing a photo album from your PC/Mac to the iDevice. If it is photos taken on the iDevice, just open up the Photos app, press the Edit button, tap the photos you want to delete to select them and then press the Delete button. If you are doing this from the Camera Roll it will delete them
    from the iDevice. If you are doing this from an album you created on the iDevice, it will only delete them from that album.
    iMore Genius

14,252 Posts
    Global Posts
    18,414 Global Posts

As a side note to what Karen told you and I am only assuming...If you are talking albums you have on the device from your PC/MAc once you are plugged into iTunes and click on your device go to the very top where you have Apps, Music, Photos and just deselect the photo folder you want removed and sync, That photo folder will drop off just like music or anything else when you deselect them. Otherwise you would follow what Karen suggested.
    iPhone Beginner

72 Posts

really dont like that you can not delete the albums on your iPhone, or individual pictures that you have synced with iTunes from your iPhone