iPhone 5 would be great, if....

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I could see how that would be nice. Kind of like how Samsung phones are shaped? I just put mine in a case anyways though so I don't really care how its beveled.

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
imore forums would be great if...........these types of threads didn't exist.

I kid I kid

The iphone 5 is a great phone as it stands, with it's design being one of its most praised attributes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone would be great if people chose to view the device for what it is and not for what they want it to be, at least in 'my' opinion. Furthermore, that goes for any device.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
The form factor of the IP5 5 really is a marvel of design. I have a 4S in a case and if I had a 5 it too would be in a case totally destroying how great it looks but in my business I have to use a case and holster.

anon(5895641)

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
That's actually a bad design. Samsung did it with the Galaxy S3 by having a thin top and bottom bezel & the screen would have a higher chance of cracking if you dropped it on the side

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not necessarily. That's equivalent to say that the smaller corner of a roof is weaker than the middle when in reality that's the strongest point.

swarlos

Trusted Member
Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
The iPhone would be great if people chose to view the device for what it is and not for what they want it to be, at least in 'my' opinion. Furthermore, that goes for any device.

Exactly if you don't like a phone then don't buy it and the one you do buy just enjoy the phone unless there's some bug that renders it useless.

Sent from the collector home world.

EauRouge

Trusted Member
Feb 6, 2013
Visit site
I agree, and I see Apple going this route one day soon.

In the next 5 years, all phones will be only screen, barely any bezel. IMO

jefftam68

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site

That sounds like a great idea, but then it suggests that you don't care if the next iteration of phone is any different. Perhaps the thread should be, "If you could be on Apple's design team, what changes would you make for the next version?" Staying with the status quo will get you nowhere fast in this industry. Just ask BlackBerry. I think one day a few years ago, Mike and Jim said, "People like our phones for what they are, and not what they want it to be".

I think this is a valid thread and you shouldn't jump on the OP like you did.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like a great idea,
???
but then it suggests that you don't care if the next iteration of phone is any different.
That is untrue. Not looking forward to something does not mean that what you have isn't great. If that were true then nothing could be considered great. Watch what happens after the new iPhone is introduced. There will be a thread "that same day" asking what do we want in the next iPhone iteration as well as the next iOS version.
Perhaps the thread should be, "If you could be on Apple's design team, what changes would you make for the next version?"
Perhaps.
Staying with the status quo will get you nowhere fast in this industry. Just ask BlackBerry.
in my opinion, RIM lacked long-term planning, innovative designs and the inability to appeal to non-corporate users. Apple doesn't have those problem and the lack of a phablet smartphone will not doom them to the fate of RIM.
I think one day a few years ago, Mike and Jim said, "People like our phones for what they are, and not what they want it to be".
You maybe right.

I think this is a valid thread and you shouldn't jump on the OP like you did.
I didn't think I jumped on the OP. Did the OP not type, "The iPhone 5 would be great if..."?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal