Data usage opening the Music app?

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed that whenever I open or switch back to the Music app (iPod app) on my iPhone 5, that it appears to be using data. The spinner shows in the status bar. Why does it do this, and how can I stop it? All of the media it should be concerned with is all already on the device, I do not use iCloud or any cloud-based music storage for what I play through the Music app.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I have no idea, but I can only assume that your playlists are synced to iCloud for backup purposes and the music app is syncing with them somehow. I'm only speculating here and have no definitive answer for you.

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
iTunes Match is off. And in my iCloud settings, the only things enabled are Photo Stream, Docs & Data, and Find My iPhone.

natasftw

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your phone setup to automatically download iTunes purchases? That would be in the iTunes & App Stores settings tab. Maybe it's checking to see if it missed any of those downloads?

I can't replicate the spinner to give you anything more definitive =(

gordol

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have your phone setup to automatically download iTunes purchases? That would be in the iTunes & App Stores settings tab. Maybe it's checking to see if it missed any of those downloads?

No. Everything in "iTunes & App Stores" is turned off.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2