iphone 5 without computer?

pimpin4rizeal

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi due a upgrade next month im considering the 2 big android phones or the iphone 5
ive got a couple of questions regarding the iphone5.

1. Im the type of user that doesnt like having to hook my phone up to the computer all the time
I havent got a decent computer only a android tablet, can I use iphone5 streight out of the box with no need to ever have to
Hook it up to a pc/mac im coming from a sg2 and have never had to hook up to a pc,
This is quite a biggy for me I want to be able to do everything from the phone is this possible with iphone5?

2. My other worry is I used to use my samsung to stream a lot of sports,
I know iphone doesnt have flash player, can you still use websites
Like firstrow sports, lemon tv etc

These 2 things always hold me back from being a iphone user
I love the design of the5 but these are concerns to me
Any help much apperciated
Thanks in advance

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi due a upgrade next month im considering the 2 big android phones or the iphone 5
ive got a couple of questions regarding the iphone5.

1. Im the type of user that doesnt like having to hook my phone up to the computer all the time
I havent got a decent computer only a android tablet, can I use iphone5 streight out of the box with no need to ever have to
Hook it up to a pc/mac im coming from a sg2 and have never had to hook up to a pc,
This is quite a biggy for me I want to be able to do everything from the phone is this possible with iphone5?

2. My other worry is I used to use my samsung to stream a lot of sports,
I know iphone doesnt have flash player, can you still use websites
Like firstrow sports, lemon tv etc

These 2 things always hold me back from being a iphone user
I love the design of the5 but these are concerns to me
Any help much apperciated
Thanks in advance

To answer your questions:

1: yes. U can use it out of the box without a computer. I rarely hook mine 4S to my laptop.

2. U can dl skyfire browser from App Store and it will play most flash enabled sites for u on ur iPhone 5.

Good luck on ur choice

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
If syncing a large library of music isn't relevant to your usage habits, not having a PC isn't going to present any kind of major usage issues for you with the iPhone, since back ups are now simply done with iCloud. Jailbreaking will be tough for you since i feel the days of on phone jailbreaking are probably going to be few and far between (if at all).

As far as your second requirement, like mentioned above, if watching terrible quality sports streamed online in that nature is important to you, there are options (for now)...though nearly the entire electronic world is rapidly moving away from flash. There are also hundreds of legitimate ways to stream sports that work flawlessly with the iPhone including MLB, NFL and NBA apps, sports packages with your cable/satellite provider...in HD, for a nominal fee.

pimpin4rizeal

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah putting music on it is no worries,
As im subscribed to spotify so no need to mess
Around keep,having to put music on it.
It also dont take up all your space :)

jerome g

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I watch some pretty good quality sports on my iphone. I use the pgatour/NBC app to watching golf and I have the MLB app and direct TV Sunday ticket for football. The quality is great, just like HD. The streaming is perfect for me on LTE but can get laggy on 4G

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
I only plug in to charge... Never for itunes or syncing... Awesome to back up device at night with out having to do anything....